• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

soup.jpg.1ac6c78fd17e6d647bf1f5a1b270d54e.jpg

Giant bowl of miso noodle soup with stuff. The sort of thing you get at, say, Nice Green Bo and think, I'm never gonna finish this. And then you do! These tofu shirataki noodles aren't half bad.

Celebrating an upcoming championship game...

943333869_Meatballspizzafocaccia01-23-224E69A882-0EBD-4CB2-B206-504B446AAE29.thumb.jpeg.19a41b117575f6076901ed96004fe78c.jpeg

Meatballs and sauce with Parmigiano. Some green things. 

Focaccia, and check out that crumb! And @voyager - this was as close to Liguria Bakery's focaccia as I've gotten in a long time.  Pizza. Both made from an almost to the recipe Jim Lahey dough. No knead, overnight ferment, very little proof.

1 hour ago, joethefoodie said:

943333869_Meatballspizzafocaccia01-23-224E69A882-0EBD-4CB2-B206-504B446AAE29.thumb.jpeg.19a41b117575f6076901ed96004fe78c.jpeg

Focaccia - this was as close to Liguria Bakery's focaccia as I've gotten in a long time. 

Beautiful!   But you're tough on yourself.   I'd settle for your "not so close to Liguria".

2 hours ago, Anthony Bonner said:

what was the hydration and bakers % of olive oil? 

I swagged a foccacia last night. Tasted great, but too much oil so the crumb was less open than I wanted.

The hydration was right around 73%, but no olive oil in the actual dough.  Just coated the baking pan with olive oil when I put the portion of dough for the focaccia in it, and then poured some on top as I smushed the dough out.

None in or on the pizza at all.

I should add - with King Arthur bread flour. Overnight fermentation (12+ hours), practically no knead, and no proof for the pizza. The focaccia spent around 45 minutes in the pan before baking. The no-proof thing was nice except I had trouble stretching the pizza dough; it kept wanting to shrink back.

Soup with Italian sausage (trying to clear out the freezer supply backlog), RG mantequillas, and broccoli greens from our garden. The mirepoix also came from our garden, and the "stock" was just the bean broth.

1 hour ago, StephanieL said:

Soup with Italian sausage (trying to clear out the freezer supply backlog), RG mantequillas, and broccoli greens from our garden. The mirepoix also came from our garden, and the "stock" was just the bean broth.

Beautiful soup.

Mexican-ish shrimp salad (with a little too much jalapeno - hello!). And roasted oyster mushrooms and eggplant that shrunk down a little more than I expected. With some peanut sauce left over from takeout a while back, that was mysteriously still fine.

IMG_1188.jpg.bfe2719c796d6aba2529eade910a5206.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg.5db4fc0f2728664fa2ab85c829849277.jpg

Swedish meatballs from the freezer, instant mashed potatoes because I just can’t even and Brussels sprouts roasted in duck fat. 

(if the trick to getting children to eat leafy green veg is to roast in duck fat I have no problem with that.)

• Like 2