• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, joethefoodie said:

"Tomato." 

That's not really tomato? It looks like tomato.

9 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

I'm as unspa-y as you can get, and I think that looks fantastic.

I liked it okay. I should have seasoned it more aggressively to distract me from the fact that cauliflower does not taste like rice.

18 minutes ago, small h said:

That's about all it does (LOOKS LIKE) vis-a-vis a tomato.  I was jonesing and sometimes one gets lucky with a winter tomato and it tastes a little like a tomato. Not this one!!

1 hour ago, small h said:

I liked it okay. I should have seasoned it more aggressively to distract me from the fact that cauliflower does not taste like rice.

While it wouldn't work for your chirashi, here's how I've been making using riced cauliflower as a side dish a bit more interesting: saute some chopped onion in evoo. Add 10 oz. riced cauliflower, edamame and about 1/3 cup chicken stock. Reduce until almost all stock is absorbed. I season with whatever La Boite spice mix interests me at the moment (last night it was Chios). Finish with some shredded parmesan. Kind of a (very) bastardized risotto style. 

• Like 1

Classic beef with carrots

555563400_ScreenShot2022-01-26at7_37_37AM.thumb.png.0e745d5097c51fd8288efd28c900815a.png

With the help of my trusty spaetzle maker.

767147014_ScreenShot2022-01-26at7_36_16AM.thumb.png.a1c13697df3002d366e05c78af89f488.png

We're in the country and called a neighbor to see if they wanted to come up for supper.     While they apologized that they were not yet joining others inside, they were delighted to come retrieve a casserole of "take out".

Mrs. P made penne with crumbled Andouille sausage, honey crisp apples, gorgonzola cheese, arugula, garlic, and sauteed red onions. It all went great with an excellent Oakville Cabernet.

77B8A705-1767-43F6-AA85-3C2CC4F62742.jpeg

63D14423-D1A3-49FB-960A-300164F71EC1.jpeg

BDACB6EF-7772-4476-9C79-C0EC2CB030A2.jpeg

• Like 1