• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

Starting to cook again, as opposed to just reheating stuff I made in advance.

Shrimp with celery and balcony bok choy, which bolted pretty much the second it came up. Stupid bok choy. In eel sauce.

shrimp.jpg.5c84ad869289f8ff31bccde40529fbea.jpg

Sichuan cucumber salad.

cukes.jpg.7ebb46ebd348396c7523bca96b78585c.jpg

Celtuce salad with pretty much the exact same dressing as the cucumber salad, so I could've just made twice as much the first night. This was my celtuce debut. It was pretty damn stringy, even though I thought I peeled it pretty thoroughly. I have a lot left, so other methods to follow.

celtuce.jpg.fea49f185028634ba82143e4e0e1cc76.jpg

And a chez small h favorite (which medium size H can eat!). Mussels with saffron and tomato.

mussels.jpg.e7d332cd24085185777091477f105a6f.jpg

We (central Cal coaster and Montanan) were married a couple of months when husband asked, after 60 meat and lots of veg dinners, " Do you know any casseroles?"    Well, no, I didn't then.  

But this is a casserole.   Pappardelle, chicken, sour cream, Oaxacan cheese, Hache green chilis, green enchilada sauce.   

1735377215_ScreenShot2022-06-12at5_20_26PM.thumb.png.01d9ae1ffa6b04116dde18f8ab27c79c.png

We killed off a third and he cherry-picked off all of the crunchy bits before deeming it "leftover".

• Haha 1

IMG_7045.thumb.jpeg.353efd5d0086bbe606d79f55848ff036.jpeg

Orecchiette with sausage, mushroom, onions, parmesan.  Used the little bit of saffron-infused stock leftover from the paella of the night before.  Glazed carrots on the side.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, small h said:

....balcony bok choy, which bolted pretty much the second it came up. Stupid bok choy.

FWIW, We are still harvesting chard that has been bolting for  maybe 5 years.    I just hack it back to several inches, cut and cook new leaves on the bolt-stem.  New growth soon mimics a new plant.   Repeat and repeat.  

25 minutes ago, voyager said:

I just hack it back

I'm going to wait for it to reseed, and then I'll proceed as you do with the next bolt-y batch. Meanwhile, my chard never bolts!

Shrimp cocktail, broiled portobello, and a weird-ass salad from Melissa Clark that involved smearing soft cheese on a plate (in this case, Cato Corners' Gossamer), then throwing blanched snap peas and lettuce over top. It was pretty great, as it happens.

dinner.jpg.3fdb27f44ae323abc2c7fd5b0053cf17.jpg