• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

A friend dropped by some fresh homemade chestnut pappardelle.   (half chestnut flour, half 00 flour)   He suggested artichoke sauce,    So first night in the country dinner = chestnut pappardelle with jarred artichoke bruschetta (cut with chicken broth) , pecorino.    Bland looking but quite delicious.

1150929565_ScreenShot2022-07-13at6_50_39AM.thumb.png.970144185a21b90272e567392d9617d0.png

Fridge almost empty last night, and I had gone out for dinner the night before. Improvising with not-quite-enough ground beef for a burger and the last two duck eggs. Two small beef patties with plenty of spices cooked in the oven, smothered with rich, soft scrambled eggs.

It worked. Went shopping today.

I am taking advantage of duck egg season now they're showing up in supermarkets and don't require a trip to a green market. I am paying about $5.50/half dozen; yes, that's more expensive than hen eggs, but I usually eat two hen eggs at a sitting and rarely two duck eggs (dinner above was an exception). They are so much better than most hen eggs, especially now I've mastered the knack of cooking them over easy without breaking the yolk; sunny side up the yolk can be raw and cool in the center when the white is fully cooked.