• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bloviatrix said:

The pale green ones are called avocado squashes. The dark green ones are 8-balls. They're really best for hollowing out and stuffing.

Oh yes.  Once, N made a great stuffed 8-ball with ground lamb.

Italian sausage and peppers over spaghetti--a classic.  N used red and yellow peppers rather than green, and got all fancy by cooking the onions with white wine and the sausage with red wine and red wine vinegar.

Mrs. P made a delicious baked whole red snapper stuffed with fresh herbs, garlic, capers, and vermouth combination. It was very fresh and moist. She also made guacamole and we had crispy TJ’s sweet potato fries (not pictured). It went great with an excellent Amarone.

4633FD5E-93B7-4543-86E7-DAC8906ABBC5.jpeg

9E0ECC65-C8D2-4DAC-8F1B-46BB5ABED216.jpeg

707B9F7D-30C8-4169-BFAA-ABFB28F59B82.jpeg

F7573DE2-D3F5-4195-B7D8-2056D34F89EB.jpeg

7 minutes ago, small h said:

Egyptian fish stew left over from my field trip to Astoria. I liked it better cold than hot.

776621419_fishstew.JPG.91eed580e13e1898862c8505ac437b7b.JPG

The fish came from Astoria or the finished dish?     How seasoned?    I can't remember a fish stew I didn't like.

From a dinner at Mombar a few days ago. It had a little heat to it, and zucchini, tomato and celery, but there wasn't a lot of spice, generally. And cold, it gelatinized (is this a word?), which I found very pleasing. The fish was tilapia, but it was meatier than that fish usually is and could have been mistaken for cod.

• Thanks 1

Not my mama's meatloaf.   Actually, I don't; remember my mama ever making meatloaf.  

In the country.   Brought equal quantities ground beef and pork.   So far so good.   Looks like we're almost out of catsup.   Okay.

Meats, chopped onion, garlic, quarter of a bottle of Catalina salad dressing (making like catsup), egg, panko crumbs and, reaching for cream saw a container of thin white gravy, leftover from last night's schnitzle.   Yes!

Moist, super flavorful.   Quite respectable.    Won't be able to recreate, but that's the story of my cooking.