• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

I wish we could get flounder out here.  It was my mother's go-to fish because it was so versatile and relatively inexpensive.

When I was 9, I went flounder fishing and even I was able to catch a bunch.

dinner.jpg.fb74c92e881af958f90d91c32cf674e6.jpg

Shrimp salad with avocado, radishes, et al. Braised artichokes and mushrooms. I wish it looked prettier, because it was very good, except that I still can't clean a damn artichoke, apparently. I thought I shaved these babies down to almost nothing, and they were still very fibrous.

15 hours ago, StephanieL said:

I wish we could get flounder out here.  It was my mother's go-to fish because it was so versatile and relatively inexpensive.

When I was 9, I went flounder fishing and even I was able to catch a bunch.

Have you tried petrale out here?   

Redemption salad. Trying to make up for three days of French fries and pizza and full-fat yogurt with sour cherry preserves.

IMG_3769.jpg.1f88659437f693d80de4deeb601352b6.jpg

Lettuce, string beans, tomatoes and cukes from the garden.

Prawns for dinner, but asked husband how he wanted them prepared.    Coctel.   Oops, no avocado.    But went ahead with max quantities of red onion and cucumber.   

-> prawn cooking water, catsup, diced red onion and cucumber, cilantro, Meyer lemon juice, VALENTINA sauce.   Avocado would have been nice but actually not missed.     Plus home-did corn tostadas.   

892338371_ScreenShot2022-08-19at6_32_16PM.png.d5b420923f9371c60c312ca7d3431f84.png

The latest RG Bean Club newsletter has a recipe for Nopales and Black Beans salad. It recommends the Midnight Black Beans, but I used the Frijol Negro Santaneros from a couple of shipments ago. The nopales were a bit of a pain to clean, but it's a very well-balanced salad, and nice to have on a warm day.

44 minutes ago, StephanieL said:

The nopales were a bit of a pain to clean

I would pay cash money if someone would teach me to clean nopales without stabbing myself under a nail at least once.