• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

IMG_7634.thumb.jpeg.f933a0e9b012745b9472e22956171703.jpeg

Joyce Farms (!!) chicken cacciatore in the foreground. Farmer's market broccoli raab in the rear, blanched and sautéed in a fair amount of olive oil and garlic and some chili flakes.

IMG_7635.thumb.jpeg.712d85440240d57c2f26c777a75e0b61.jpeg

Took a little of the gravy and tossed the casarecce with it. Above: My plate of a drumstick, neck, wing, and a piece of back with the oyster.

Next time I come across a Joyce Farms poulet rouge fermier, I hope to be able to roast it (i.e. when the temperature drops to normal).

I really do make an attempt to not have our dinner look like this:

IMG_7643.thumb.jpeg.be728674e667c7af474b14aa868b5b69.jpeg

But it was actually pretty good. Took leftover chicken cacciatore (from above) off the bone, diced it along with some hot and sweet sausage that was also previously cooked, tossed it with undercooked penne, the sauce from the chicken, grated provolone and parmesan, topped it with parmesan and bread crumbs, and baked it for like 40 minutes.

IMG_7645.thumb.jpeg.36a2db9957ef057c0ab7ad06bee8fbcc.jpeg

Served it with more sautéed broccoli rabe from the farmer's market, which is barely bitter.

Always end up with an interesting pairing when buying product which demands to be used pretty quickly.

This is the part that's undemanding, other than Significant Eater's demand:

IMG_7655.thumb.jpeg.6dce3e8859ee1d66fc77abaf0bec5ac5.jpeg

Almost vegan yet vegetarian mushroom soup with a little barley. Lots of leeks. Some (dried) porcini. I don't like barley that much; rice next time.

And these, when bought, demand usage:

IMG_7656.thumb.jpeg.bedaa8b85273ecb867f310cbc4cfee82.jpeg\\

Gambas al Ajilo. 

Salad. Bread for sopping up those marvelous shrimpy juices.

• Like 1

Today was vet day, which is very stressful for everyone. Some of us recover by taking a nap in the carrier we've just spent three hours trying like hell to get out of. Others tear up a bunch of mozzarella and call it dinner.

cat.JPG.40fb964c644c350627046a48d76f2ee0.JPG

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, small h said:

Today was vet day, which is very stressful for everyone

Have you seen the new veterinary practice at Essex Crossing? A few people who have used it said it's quite nice and the docs are good.

Rosie's vet does house calls, and I don't think (other than bringing her home) Rosie has ever been in a carrier. I will be certain to have some mozzarella on hand when and if that day comes.

9 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

Have you seen the new veterinary practice at Essex Crossing?

Yes, and I'm glad it's there, in case I need to switch. We see Monica Murphy at Village Veterinarian on E. 11th, and she's very good with Laszlo, who needs to be sedated to keep him from murdering everyone. I cannot pill him, nor cut his nails, but he's actually pretty easy to get into the carrier.

• Like 1

My cats have decided their carrier is part of their play routine. If I put it away, they drag it out of the laundry room if I don't shut the door. Of course, they despise it with a white hot passion when it is in actual use for a trip to the vet.

• Like 1