totally agree.. though, popeye's was our first meal after signing our marriage papers down in city hall.. So Popeye's to me conjures romance and celebration. Plus, it doesn't give me a lot of pressure to be able to afford a place on our anniversary.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working my way through some Indian recipes from a not very good book - an experiment in seeing what works and what doesn't. The night before last I turned my kitchen into a post-hurricane site with a

Ta. I must give this a try.

Thank you thank you. But doesn't everyone look better wearing a bath mat?

Posted Images

Last night was a "shortcut" dinner: last month, I'd bought a jar of Williams-Sonoma's Beer and Onion Braising Base (off a gift card--never would have spent the $18 on my own). So we browned about 4 lbs. of beef chuck pieces, threw it in the slow cooker with the base, and cooked it for 6 hours. Even though it was a bit salty, it was a wonderful stew--very rich and flavorful. We had it with roasted potatoes, carrots, onions, and Brussel sprouts.

Last night we had an out of the blue dinner for 8.. Miss A's family was at costco and asked us if we needed anything.. We suggested they buy two racks of lamb... Our friends were in the neighborhood and then our tenants asked us what we were doing for dinner..

So, took some collards and shredded them cooked up with some bacon grease, a little onion, and apple cider vinegar.

Lamb chops on the grill.. Made a wine, balsmic, and demi glace sauce for the lamb.. Took a few potatoes out, peeled and boiled... Then cut in half and covered with butter and roasted.. Became super crispy..

Miss A made a quick apple pie and made an ice cream..

With no shopping, besides the lamb which was 30 bucks, dinner for 8 in an hour and a half..

Well. i have an undressed apple pie shot for you... The main course was plated while everyone was sitting in the kitchen.. Felt like a strange time to capture the shot.. However, those potatoes a la Lila (family friend) were delicious.. And any time you cook a half a bottle of pinot noir, into two shots worth of sauce, it's gonna be good..

5385156078_e9259fb64c.jpg

Leftovers from Joe's of Avenue u...Pasta al sardi, baked salt cod with oregano and string beans, and some rice balls.. 05 bordeux... well, we were out of white. contemplating the left over Cubano from M.Wells.

Thats one sexy naked pie!

I made a not so sexy (but hot) thai green curry with zucchini, chicken and thai eggplant.

5385152588_c80470be0a.jpg

I bet you stirred the curry all slow and sexy like..

Last night after a day at the races had some Red Crawfish:

168972_10150386386920386_519550385_16837424_1818626_n.jpg

I've been eating out way too much (and feeling like it) so tonight was a salad -- wild arugula, parsley, avocado, hearts of palms, red kidney beans, carrots with a warm mushroom and sherry vinaigrette:

165712_10150386385175386_519550385_16837393_7622018_n.jpg

Naked.

180668_10150386385070386_519550385_16837390_5474623_n.jpg

Dressed.

I bet you stirred the curry all slow and sexy like..

No, I beat it with a leather crop.

So while making dinner the other night I concluded my best efforts seem for the most part to stem from utilizing leftovers and/or only what I have on hand. I find it so satisfying when creating something that turns out good or often really good with ingredients that would otherwise be tossed if not used immediately or in the next day or two.

Anyway, I made a nice little ramen. Broth was chicken stock and water then added pork shoulder, carrots, celery, ginger, bok choy, 2 dry pckgs of Nissem ramen, fish sc, soy, lemon rind and fresh cilantro. Often I drop in a couple eggs at the end but didn't think to this time.

5384539799_f69cd37b18.jpg

More recipes for the weekly article

Red Snapper ceviche flour tortilla with hot salsa, sour cream and guacamole.

5385899247_f50876967c.jpg

P1240594 by Dos Hermanos, on Flickr

Slapsie

I wouldnt think to put sour cream with a limey fish. What are you thoughts on the dish?

I make this ceviche which after soaking the fish in lime juice, I like to add a ton of horseraddish and garlic, more lime juice, razor thin slices of red onion, cilantro, and then a shot of cream.. No other pepper but, there is a lot of spice coming from the garlic and raddish. But there is an example of adding cream to fish and it coming out well..

I am just curious about your thoughts about the sour cream.