i wonder if this will hinder his development? i don't think anyone will argue that the bundesliga (he played for bayern leverkuesen i believe) is more competitive than MLS. for those

it seems that MLS is changing its marketing strategy to appeal to the hard core soccer fan rather than the casual one. chivas of guadalajara just started a l.a. based team, the dallas team was renamed fc dallas, and the new salt lake city franchise is named real salt lake city :lol: .

i love the new chicago fire uniforms (the blue one), they're based on the city flag.

QNnla2lb.jpg

every world cup throws up a couple of unexpected teams whose players then get signed by major clubs where they reveal their true colors. and sometimes marginal players from good teams benefit from the halo effect as well. my friend pete still bemoans newcastle's signing of stephane guivarch after france won the world cup.

every world cup throws up a couple of unexpected teams whose players then get signed by major clubs where they reveal their true colors. and sometimes marginal players from good teams benefit from the halo effect as well. my friend pete still bemoans newcastle's signing of stephane guivarch after france won the world cup.

boy, you really hate the u.s. team :lol: .

i think landon was signed to leverkusen before world cup 2002. they then loaned him to the earthquakes, then called him back this year.i also think he's a pretty good player, but what do i know. :lol:

every world cup throws up a couple of unexpected teams whose players  then get signed by major clubs where they reveal their true colors. and sometimes marginal players from good teams benefit from the halo effect as well. my friend pete still bemoans newcastle's signing of stephane guivarch after france won the world cup.

boy, you really hate the u.s. team :lol: .

i think landon was signed to leverkusen before world cup 2002. they then loaned him to the earthquakes, then called him back this year.i also think he's a pretty good player, but what do i know. :lol:

as someone i knew used to say, there should be something in which the u.s can be beaten regularly by guatemala and jamaica.

i don't really hate the u.s team, i just don't like their style of play. and i have such a complex set of football allegiances that it just isn't going to be possible for the u.s to crack my list anytime soon. i haven't been to an mls game in ages--should check out the colorado team this season. has the quality of play gone up tremendously? or is it still a bunch of very fit men running after the ball?

i do like reyna a lot though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...