Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

Fine Illustrated Books from the 1990s

On the 3rd floor of the Central Research Library (42nd St.) there's an exhibit in the Edna Barnes Salomon room through the end of May that will be of interest to anyone who appreciates artists' books, and fine book design. I remember saying when I was a tennager that if I were ever rich, I would like to collect books. These are the kind of volumes I hadin mind, not the instant garbage I'm inthe process of now disarding. :ph43r:

In the hallway on the same floor is an exhibit of early maps of Amerian cities that is at least as worthwhile. My timing was off today and I had an hour to kill between completing my research in the Municipal Archives and the time the map room at NYPL opened. I was very glad to have an excuse to look at these two exhibits.

I noticed a listing for the book design exhibit. Did you check out the exhibit on Russia? Is it a large one on the ground floor, or something more limited?

The Russia exhibit is a large one of the first floor. It is a smaller version of an even larger Russia exhibit shown last year and also very worth while.

Thanks - I'll set aside some time for it. That sonnet and recipe exhibitions both needed two visits.