2 Lb Australian Lobster Tail

About to be gifted a 2Lb Australian Lobster Tail from a buddy who is essentially a fish commodities dealer. I'm going to put it in the fridge tonight, let it thaw and chow it for lunch or dinner Friday. Looking for any tasty and non-complicated recipe/cooking technique suggestions? Besides the fact Im an just an "ok" cook, only other caveat is that grilling is not an option.

Sorry to sound like such a pessimist in the "topic description" but Im currently mired in a cooking slump. After years of never blowing a cast iron cooked steak I overcooked a Kobe Filet a few weeks ago and had moo-ing sounds coming from the Ribeye I flailed on Sat night. Its been a rough stretch - blowing this

Lobster Tail may could send me to Bellevue where hospital food will surely kill me.

About to be gifted a 2Lb Australian Lobster Tail from a buddy who is essentially a fish commodities dealer.  I'm going to put it in the fridge tonight, let it thaw and chow it for lunch or dinner Friday.  Looking for any tasty and non-complicated recipe/cooking technique suggestions?  Besides the fact Im an just an "ok" cook, only other caveat is that grilling is not an option.

Sorry to sound like such a pessimist in the "topic description" but Im currently mired in a cooking slump.  After years of never blowing a cast iron cooked steak I overcooked a Kobe Filet a few weeks ago and had moo-ing sounds coming from the Ribeye I flailed on Sat night.  Its been a rough stretch - blowing this

Lobster Tail may could send me to Bellevue where hospital food will surely kill me.

You sound like you need a new Girl or Boy friend who's a Chef. ;) :D And Fast.

Wasn't it decreed that Australian tail is beat and that only Breton tail is worthwhile? Except that there was a Jewish lobster somewhere that was good, but argumentative.

The perfect tautology. The argumentative Jewish kosher lobster.

I'd steam it for 20 minutes..or slow boil in lots of butter..poach...and check regularly. You don't want to overcook it.

This is just speculation. I've never cooked/seen a 2 lb lobster tail...biggest I've cooked is 5-6 lbs..body and all..maybe 3/4 lb tail ;)

Do the Keller lobster technique - not that I know what I'm talking about. But involves, I think, steaming it and then poaching it slowly in butter. As in submerging it in butter in a baggie, and putting the baggie in simmering water. Or something like that.

Per Keller, and paraphrased.

Pour boiling water/vinegar mixture (8 quart to 1/2 cup vinegar) over lobster and let steep for 3 min for 2 lb. lobster in tightly fitting container.

Defan and shell lobster. Devein tail.

With lobster at room temp, place in saucepan and nearly cover with burre monte, poaching for 5-6 minutes.

Quite brief and can go into detail if needed.