Red Hook Ballfields

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What cheese is pictured as your avatar?

A fresh chevre. It's a close-up from a windowful of them in St. Remy de Provence which was a sight to behold - as well as a common one in that part of the world. I'll try to find the larger photo.

• 4 weeks later...

Ballfields are OPEN!

Took a run (ok, a lazy shuffle) down to the ballfields. Caught them towards the end of the day 5:30-6 and picked up some old favorites: a pupusa with cabbage salad, a beefsteak taco and a grilled corn on the cob. Good as it ever was. Ate the pupusa on the run.

Hit Caputo's on the way back when I read their sign about burrata pugliese. Picked some up remembering this article from last week's LA Times inspired me to make some simple bruschetta -- perfect warm weather munchies.

Sat May 20th seems to be popular and I'm sure we'll all coordinate details soon. However, there was also Sat May 13. Since that was the only date Rose could go, Ginny and I will be going with her then as well (anything for a friend and ex-Admin). Anyone else for this date? Somewhere in the noonish range (or even a little later).

Sat May 20th seems to be popular and I'm sure we'll all coordinate details soon. However, there was also Sat May 13. Since that was the only date Rose could go, Ginny and I will be going with her then as well (anything for a friend and ex-Admin). Anyone else for this date? Somewhere in the noonish range (or even a little later).

Maybe--it depends on when my air conditioner delivery happens.

I'm up for both the 20th and the 13th, anytime is fine. I think I'll need two back to back visits anyhow to fully give justice to all the delights to be sampled. Looking forward to it!

On the 20th it looks like we might have enough people to form our own football team.

Real Mouthfuls.

I'll bring my cleats and leave the high heeled wedgies at home. :lol: