Sign in to follow this  
Suzi Edwards

Recommendations

I'm trying to work out where to eat in New York next Sunday evening. I've wanted to visit Gramercy Tavern for a while now. But I'd also like to try Moderne at MoMA, Craft, DB Moderne or Jewl Bako.

Too many choices, I know.

Where would you go? I'm going to have eaten multi course tasting menus for a few nights before so sushi/smallish is appealing...as is something along the lines of Casa Mono.

Any thoughts? If anyone fancies meeting up, let me know :-)

Sunday isn't a great day for sushi - JB is closed, as is Yasuda.

Have you been to/considered WD-50?

If you are alone or +1, GT is probably your best bet. The new CraftBar has gotten some good reports. What about Hearth? if you get there at 6PM you could eat at the pass. gnocci gnocci gnocci....... :)

I've been to WD-50 several times. I was thinking of going back and then writing about my avant-garde weekend as I'm at Alinea and Moto when I'm in Chicago but Bruni beat me to it :-)

So, no sushi for Suzi (should have realised really) and people don't think that the Grammercy Tavern is terrible.

GT's main dining room is closed on Sunday. The no-reservations front room is open.

GT's main dining room is closed on Sunday. 

Acc. to GT'swebsite, dinner is served in the main dining room on Sunday from 5:30 to 10 p.m.

Suzi Edwards Posted on May 20 2005, 07:04 PM

Where would you go? I'm going to have eaten multi course tasting menus for a few nights before so sushi/smallish is appealing...as is something along the lines of Casa Mono.

We just had dinner last Sunday on the outdoor terrace at Tabla's Bread Bar. Small plates/big plates of very tasty food, and just thinking about the dessert "Donut Holes" with chocolate syrup is making me drool. :) I usually stick to back gardens when dining outdoors. But on Sunday evenings, there isn't much traffic at that corner (Madison & 25th St.), and the view of the park across the street is lovely.

people don't think that the Grammercy Tavern is terrible.

It is, very much so. But Tabla is much worse.