Guest rockdoggydog

Morbid Curiosity

Sign me up too! Love the chiecken & waffles!!!!

If you go, please let us know about food impressions, menu, and hours.

So...

I Know, I know...It belongs in Farewell and welcome, but I just think that it is more apropos here....

A buddy of mine tells me Grubz Grill is gone....Sorry Rocky...

I think, though, that this is its replacement...

http://thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=596430&fd

Hmmmm...I think a visit is in order...Rocky?

~Jason

I want to come too! Let me know when! The only time I've ever had them was when Rocky cooked for us at Union, and they were yummy.

Tai Tung....

2 words followed by one....

Don't.

One of the WORST meals of my entire life. Most of ya'll know I'm no gourmand, and I even thought it was gagtastic.

Please, Please, Please....Don't.

Ever.

~Jason

Oriental Express (formerly Andy's Diner) has a hand spray-painted banner announcing $2.99 Lunch Specials ~ Fai Jai and i will be there Monday ~ anyone else want to join in?

Ocean City's All You Can Eat Dim Sum. $8.95/person.

i ate here in January ~ its bad. and lukewarm, they don't bother to light the chafing dishes under the steam baskets. very few items on the steam table (chow mein, tofu, beef & broccoli) . slow to bring out new items. the 2 good items were the baked char siu bows (hombow) and the gin duey (fried sesame balls with black bean paste). there was also ha gow, siu mai, french fries, onion rings, chicken feet.

unless you're a glutton with damaged tastebuds, this is not a bargain in any way.

i posted pix on my blog

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...logId=467095767

Oriental Express (formerly Andy's Diner) has a hand spray-painted banner announcing $2.99 Lunch Specials ~ Fai Jai and i will be there Monday ~ anyone else want to join in?

Damn I want to! Stupid work.

Rocky

I'm actually a little scared. It's like the place in Tacoma that advertises $1 CHINESE FOOD....

~Jason

Lunch Adventure ~ All Aboard!

The Orient Express took over Andy's Diner ~ a kluge of railroad dining cars that forms an interesting experience! The spray-painted "Lunch Special $2.99" banner was catalyst for this expedition! Jason, his super cute son Cooper, Brian & Chris, and Dawn & Bif were the brave souls who joined me on this adventure!

we were seated in the Barnum & Bailey Circus Room. so many colors! none which match or compliment each other. the stripper pole had 3 colors

There is only ONE Lunch Special per day ~ Today, it's Chicken Chow Mein. our waiter, Byron reported back "It doesn't look that good" Jason bought one "for the table" because someone had to do it! oddly, rice noodles were used. it was pretty plain ~ onions, white chicken, bean sprouts, onions, green onions.

DSCN3588.jpg

we asked our server what dishes he recommended, and he gave us a list. i asked "What the nationality of the cook?". he answered "We have 2, one Chinese one Thai" how very Iron Chef-y!

Jason & I had the General Tso's Chicken, fried rice & eggroll. $7.50

DSCN3589.jpg

the hot and sour soup was delicious!!

Bif had the Chicken Pad Thai ~ perhaps the entree, because he had no side dishes.

Chris had the Thai Cashew Chicken which comes with with pad Thai and white rice

i think Dawn had the same meal as Chris.

Brian had a Thai dish, which had a bed of spinach, chicken and a lot of peanut sauce.

DSCN3592.jpg

ok, so the idiosyncrasies of Orient Express are:

Chinese lunches come with Egg Drop or Hot & Sour Soup, and your choice of fried or white rice.

Thai meals come ONLY with white rice and you do NOT get soup.

there's really no price difference between Thai & Chinese Lunch items.

think the Thai Chef was making the Chow Mein Special today

all of the ingredients are fresh, and everything tasted just fine. they have a full bar. the restaurant is clean and the staff friendly and helpful. and hey, there's plenty of free parking! and don't forget, that tri-colored Stripper Pole!

DSCN3595.jpg