• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I miss you guys? BTW, did you go out on the deck and see the two TV screens set up for the duration of the Tour de France?

I've requested the 16th OFF! In the morning, I'll be going to the farmers' market down south. So....I can bring something yummy to the boil.

Any ideas?

DAVID????????

I order my crawfish from the net, packed and shipped from LA...is is still the season for crawfish? Sorry to sound ignorant, I had always thought it was in conjuction w/t he rice crops and flooding the bogs...

tons of crayfish.

that's crawdads down here, son....which I would catch by dipping a piece of bacon tied to a string down their holes in the ditch next to my childhood home. Then I'd throw them back - hadn't a clue about boiling them up at that stage of my life.

tons of crayfish.

that's crawdads down here, son....which I would catch by dipping a piece of bacon tied to a string down their holes in the ditch next to my childhood home. Then I'd throw them back - hadn't a clue about boiling them up at that stage of my life.

Yeah, we did that, too. I was pretty good at it. I distinctly recall my parents making a fuss because the bacon kept disappearing.

And the boys (my brother and his pals) would take a coffee can and poke holes in the sides, then build a very small fire and turn the coffee can upside down over it to form a makeshift hibachi. They'd grill the crawdads on that and eat them.

But I could never bring myself to do it.

Seemed, you know, yucky.

But probably was pretty good now that I think about it.

Rita: when are you coming back?

I'll be going to the farmers' market next Saturday morning, so I'll bring dessert. Hope there's some kind of dessert stuff there. I know: I'll bring some good coffee . NYTexan: do you have a grinder and such? I'll also look for some awesome sweet stuff. Chocolate or cake or something.