Phrases of the day

Guest Rosalinda

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really know where to put this . . .

I went to see Happy Feet with my parents. We were sitting in the theater waiting for the movie to start, surrounded by young children, and my father (referencing a conversation from earlier in the day) said loudly "I didn't know that Mr. Rogers was dead." :lol:

I love it. And your father probably didn't have a clue. What did you say???

I pointed out that it maybe was not the best topic of conversation when surrounded by Mr. Rogers loving 6 year olds. Then we had a good laugh.

• 2 months later...

Who knows if this is accurate- I received it in an email. But it's amusing.

John Mortimer, the writer (Old Rumpole of the Bailey), in an interview:

We acquired the pigs last year. My wife was born on a pig farm and has always been very fond of pigs. Of course, they are for eating, which is why they are named Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. You wouldn’t want to eat Rufus, Marcus and Esmeralda.

Who knows if this is accurate- I received it in an email. But it's amusing.

John Mortimer, the writer (Old Rumpole of the Bailey), in an interview:

We acquired the pigs last year. My wife was born on a pig farm and has always been very fond of pigs. Of course, they are for eating, which is why they are named Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. You wouldn’t want to eat Rufus, Marcus and Esmeralda.

That's exerpted from an interview in today's NYT Sunday Magazine. Very funny guy; he claims to start his day with a glass of champagne. Asked about his fitness routine: “Absolutely nil. I had a doctor who said, ‘Do you get breathless when you take excercise?’ I said, ‘I wouldn't know.’ ”