• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last week, Norah Jones at the Hammersmith Apollo. I know, I know, and I was not sure why I'd booked even before it started. I mean, I've never bought the new album. But as I'm sure I bored everyone wi

Going to see the Finn brothers in Central Park this evening. I assumed it would have sold out, but I got a message pushing half price tickets which I couldn't resist. Think it will piss down?  

Saw the Cowboy Junkies again last night, in an ice cold Beacon Theater. They had to wind up a ninety minute set at 11pm - union rules - which is a pity, as I think the audience would have loved anoth

Posted Images

6 hours ago, hollywood said:

I always thought it was weird when Darin after modeling himself on Sinatra suddenly began emulating Tim Hardin.

Of course, the real irony there is that Tim Hardin's last hit single (in the US, anyway) was written by Bob "Don't Call Me Bobby" Darin.

6 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Of course, the real irony there is that Tim Hardin's last hit single (in the US, anyway) was written by Bob "Don't Call Me Bobby" Darin.

Or perhaps Hardin was so strung out and in need of funds for a fix that he sold the song to Darin.

And no, Darin did two albums of material like that.  And made numerous Tonight Show appearances in which he insisted that, really, he was a folkie singer-songwriter, that all that "Bobby" stuff was forced on him by the suits.

I mean, when real genuine icons of late '60s rock appeared on This Is Tom Jones, they were subjected to the same kind of treatment, with contrived dialogue being written for them.  It was just the price of the exposure.

6 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

The Sultan Room in Bushwick. Does anyone have enough familiarity to guess when a headliner might go on? Doors open at 7pm, but I don’t need to stand with a warm beer for three hours. 

That place looks as if 3 or 4 acts a night. When I went to see a show nearby last week, doors at 7, 2 openers, the headliner did not come on until 10. I can't imagine much before that.