Well, I made my best guess and it worked out. Doors opened at 7, I showed up at 8.30, saw about the last half of the support's set; Lindsay and Gibbs set up fast and were on at 9.30. 

I did like The Sultan Room, part of that weird Turk's Inn complex: good sound, good sight lines, pleasant bartenders.

Lindsay and Gibbs were marvellous. I've never seen Lindsay live; even more than on recordings, the extreme contrast between his sweet voice and poetic lyrics and the Derek Bailey guitar really hits home. Mix of English and Portuguese songs and a couple of raging improvised instrumentals. After one of them, Gibbs could be heard amusedly asking Lindsay "What you gonna do next?"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last week, Norah Jones at the Hammersmith Apollo. I know, I know, and I was not sure why I'd booked even before it started. I mean, I've never bought the new album. But as I'm sure I bored everyone wi

Going to see the Finn brothers in Central Park this evening. I assumed it would have sold out, but I got a message pushing half price tickets which I couldn't resist. Think it will piss down?  

Saw the Cowboy Junkies again last night, in an ice cold Beacon Theater. They had to wind up a ninety minute set at 11pm - union rules - which is a pity, as I think the audience would have loved anoth

Posted Images