The farmers market thread

14 minutes ago, bloviatrix said:

Among my many purchases were black-eyed peas from Lani's - it's a Syrian tradition to eat them at Rosh Hashanah. 

I thought for sure I had at least 1/2 bag of black-eyed peas in my cabinet, but no such luck.  In their stead, I made 1/2 lb. of @rancho_gordo's yellow eye heirloom beans.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll start the ball rolling with the fingerling potatoes I bought at Tompkins Square yesterday. I am very bad at remembering the names of stalls, but there are only half a dozen or so here (open Sund

They make Hooligan (full stop) which some might call stinky. And mean that as a compliment.

Nice to see you here, Paul.

Posted Images

On 9/16/2020 at 4:38 PM, voyager said:

You had to live in the Bay Area at that time.    That smell was everywhere, and it wasn't pot.   It was the food, the people, incense, general grunge.   But it was the food that was so criminal.    I was turned off whole wheat for decades.   How can well intentioned people create such good music and bad food?

NY folks will remember Angelica Kitchen restaurant in the East Village--I used to call that type of vegetarian cooking "brown rice and suffering".  Was there a collective fear of herbs and spices?  Did they learn nothing from all of those hippie trips to India?

• Thanks 1