The farmers market thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll start the ball rolling with the fingerling potatoes I bought at Tompkins Square yesterday. I am very bad at remembering the names of stalls, but there are only half a dozen or so here (open Sund

They make Hooligan (full stop) which some might call stinky. And mean that as a compliment.

Nice to see you here, Paul.

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Beautiful day to walk up to the market at Columbia. Apples, japanese sweet potatoes and honeynut squash from Samascott. Greenhouse broccoli rabe from Lani's.

Damn. They definitely used to be at Union Square, but I don't see them on the list now. Maybe someone else will have it. The flounder roe was from Pura Vida.

There was a new vendor at GAP today with a very very limited selection of very attractive things.  But you could just TELL that their function there is to offer ramps when they become available.

I was speaking with someone at Samascott on Thursday who predicted that there will be ample ramps to be had this year because many places didn't forage last spring due to the pandemic.

Frankly, the thing I was most excited about at the GAP Greenmarket today (other than SHAAAAAAAAAAD ROOOOEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!) was the new potato chip vendor.  I can't WAIT to dig into those.