The farmers market thread

how about a wafa-thin mint, madame? lol

i miss those. thin mints.

——————

today’s haul from cuesa:

temple oranges, meyer lemons, swiss chard, mint, edible flowers, various salad greens (tatsoi, wild arugula, mizuna, mustard greens, mesclun), radicchio, bread

ground veal from golden gate meat co.; wild prawns from bryan’s

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll start the ball rolling with the fingerling potatoes I bought at Tompkins Square yesterday. I am very bad at remembering the names of stalls, but there are only half a dozen or so here (open Sund

They make Hooligan (full stop) which some might call stinky. And mean that as a compliment.

Well, we need a thread for the rest of the entire world outside NYC, so here ya go.   What did you get at your farmers market? What did you get in your CSA box? Either will do: post it here!

Posted Images

These Adventurefuls are not bad at all.

Don’t get me wrong:  they’re not like Thin Mints, where in the middle of October or so you begin to think, “when do I get to have those again?”

But the flavors blend harmoniously.  And the salt accents are kind of . . . sophisticated.  

My only response to the hoards of brown and green mites hawking GS cookies in front of every market is, "I'm SO sorry but my doctor won't let me have them."    IMHO, they are horrible products.     "Mothers" masquerading as Scouts.   

I’ma form a power trio.

I’ve got shad    
I’ve got shad    
I’ve shad, I’ve shad, I’ve shad    
I’ve got shad    
I’ve got shad   
I’ve shad, I’ve shad, I’ve shad

I know what to do   
I know what to do   
I know what to do   
Put it in the smoker   
Put it in the smoker   
Smoke it till it’s through

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance you could pre-order the previous week or does that change the game plan too much?    I have successfully placed informal special orders at Ferry Plaza.