The farmers market thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll start the ball rolling with the fingerling potatoes I bought at Tompkins Square yesterday. I am very bad at remembering the names of stalls, but there are only half a dozen or so here (open Sund

They make Hooligan (full stop) which some might call stinky. And mean that as a compliment.

Nice to see you here, Paul.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, StephanieL said:

Gravenstein and Pink Pearl apples, direct from Sebastopol.

Ooooh...I went to a nice dispensary in Sebastopol last time we were on our way up to Healdsburg. It was earlier than harvest season, however.

Husband picked a half dozen Golden Delicious from our geriatric yard tree.    Plus a couple he handed over the fence to neighbor girl.    This tree reminds me of Shel Silverstein.

Closest dispensary is a block away.   Not sure they're hampered by seasons.   

Bought my cranberry beans, $7/lb which I thought was a little dear; padrone peppers; O'Henry peaches and husband bought a cantaloupe.   The seller picked one out for him and it is one of the best I've ever had.   

12 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Lotsa fun now that the peppers are coming back again.

I wonder if hot weather is altering pepper quality or flavor.    The padrones I bought Sunday are HOT.    I usually toss these down like popcorn but these took my breath away,

Drove into the closest village for its Saturday afternoon market.     Pretty hippy-dippy, but we did score a dozen pasture eggs for $6.     I imagine you could score lots more if you asked.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...