Sign in to follow this  
giri

Tintin forever

I was never a fan. Found them dull

But, Asterix & Obelix I LOVED

I loved the names of the Gauls, Getafix the druid, Fullyautomatix the blacksmith and Vitalstatistix the chief.

S

If you like Tintin, when you visit the Cheverney (sp) Chateau (close to Chambord, etc. and several two stars, like Relais de Bernard Robin, where the signature dish is roasted special breed of chicken called Coucou de Touraine, sp) in the Loire Valley, France. It's got a Tintin museum and in fact was depicted in one of the Tintin comic books.

Not having read Tintin for a long time, I don't recall which one. Cheverney is smaller, and not as ostentatious as, say, Chenonceaux (sp), but it is well worth visiting and quite accessible relative to all the other Chateaux. PS: The best cuisine in the Loire is right in Tours, a 1.5 hour or so TGV direct ride from Paris, at Jean Bardet (now back at two-stars; loss was not due to quality of the cuisine in the first place).

I was never a fan. Found them dull

But, Asterix & Obelix I LOVED

Agree about Asterix. I did go through a period where I thought my childhood love for the Tintin series was ill-conceived but I have since changed my mind.