NCAA 2023-2024

hollywood10

I know too many rabid Michigan alumni to not be an a-hole and always root against them.  And I love Saban's coaching/hiring abilities.  But, even though he made "adjustments" in the 2nd half, it seemed that way too much of their success was related to Milroe running.  And with that Offensive Line, I kept wincing and hoping he'll live long enough to make it to the NFL.  Not a good game for anyone.  At least I get a chance to root against Michigan again next week.

yes. the adjustment was to figure out how to get Milroe space to run the ball. And then run the backs off of that. I have no idea what they thought they were doing motioning to empty on the last play. like we were 99% sure Milroe was getting it, but that made it 99.99%.

ND fans hated Rees. I can see why!

1 hour ago, Steve R. said:

I know too many rabid Michigan alumni to not be an a-hole and always root against them.  And I love Saban's coaching/hiring abilities.  But, even though he made "adjustments" in the 2nd half, it seemed that way too much of their success was related to Milroe running.  And with that Offensive Line, I kept wincing and hoping he'll live long enough to make it to the NFL.  Not a good game for anyone.  At least I get a chance to root against Michigan again next week.

If Penix can connect with his receivers as he did against Texas, the game will be over at the half.

Before anyone asks- the final straw was how NIL was implimented. He was for it (NIL). But also has been warning (including in front of Congress) unless it is regulated, college as we know is gone forever. 

I have not. I have been avoiding social media. But he has been doing that since he left Tuscaloosa. I'd love to see it though. The portal was never really a big issue for Bama until this season. It helped more than it hurt by far. It gave players who never would've played a parachute. 

It takes a very special person to be the Coach at Alabama. Things are SO much better since Nick took over. Donors and fans did whatever they wanted. You saw how that turned out. One of his demands before he took the job was that HE made the decisions. For the most part, everyone fell in line. He actually kicked a number of big money donors to the curb to keep us out of trouble over the years. The expectations are sky high. And when he asked for something, you knew it was a need for the team and players. So he got it. The next Coach will have to deal with all those things and the "new frontier" of the portal and NIL. People (NCAA, I'm looking at you) should have listened when he spoke about what was coming down the pike with the O'Bannon lawsuit in 2014. There would've been a framework in place. Not the wild, wild west that's going on right now. 

Unless someone breaks the nda,there will be a formal announcement tomorrow. Unless something out of the ordinary comes up. 

I love the hire too. And, with NS staying at the University is an advisory capacity, I think the chances of failure diminish greatly. Add in state of the art facilities. And a donor base that will add to those if there is something he thinks he needs. I feel good. All things considered.

I will get to meet him for the first time on Tuesday. He knocked it waaaaaay out of the park with his press conference today. And the people I've texted with who have met him had nothing but good things to say. But, I would expect nothing less from a Greg Byrne hire. I rue the day he retires too.