• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Last Tuesday morning, tens of thousands of public school students across New York took the Regents Examination in Global History and Geography. One of the two essays in the 3-hour exam required stu

If this is the whine about health things topic, here's my new (old) one.  I've had surgery for "trigger finger" on my right hand - first one was about 15 years ago, the "ring" or 4th, finger. Then, oh

I still don't see what point is being made. That there are some high school students who don't pay attention in class (if they even show up)?

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Tubbs said:

Awful, very sorry. Lost my mom to renal cancer last year, it's such a shitty one. Despite all the headlines of new treatments, even the best ones usually just lead to a few extra months. 

Yes, that's what happened--shorter and shorter progression-free survival times with each successive line of therapy.

Thanks for your support, everyone.

On 10/23/2020 at 2:27 PM, StephanieL said:

He's gone into serious cognitive and physical decline in the last couple of weeks.  Not sure he'll make it to November 1, let alone Thanksgiving.

He passed away this morning.  At least the one daughter at college was able to come home last night, and given all the morphine he was taking he probably wasn't in much pain.

I'm not sure this will help but I thought the family Zoom Shiva call we did when my Aunt died back in April kind of nice (if you could call a shiva call nice) because this way my cousins and I were all together and able to reminisce whereas we would have not had the "bonding" if we made the traditional in-person visits at different times.

• 2 weeks later...

Had an appointment uptown. 

IMG_2729.thumb.JPG.a90e98ff2069e7abafc122aac4bcab3f.JPG

IMG_2733.thumb.JPG.3af21062f26bf0e4ef2421a468415c8d.JPG

Now I'm not necessarily a fan of the big retailers on Madison Avenue.  But still. 

On the positive side, my dermatologist didn't have to remove a single thing. (though maybe that's because so much shit has been removed over the past 20 years, ain't nothing left.)