Steph, I hear and commend your concern.   The situation you describe is wrong, should be untenable.   Lots of dogs sleep outside, but they should have offsetting attention.  These people, as you suggest, should not have a dog, much less this dog.   Maybe you two need a dog?   One that already licks your hand?   

Thanks, but we already have 2 cats, who probably wouldn't be happy if we brought any dog into the house, let alone a husky.  We're not really dog people, for some of the same reasons that we're not kid people either--we don't have the time or the energy to devote to giving a dog its best life, particularly a husky.  If we were going to get a dog, it would be a smaller, more chill one.  Cats are just right for us.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Last Tuesday morning, tens of thousands of public school students across New York took the Regents Examination in Global History and Geography. One of the two essays in the 3-hour exam required stu

My HS graduating class was about 500. When FB reared its ugly head, I became "friends" with many of those who I had not been in touch with for years. For me it was anthropologically interesting to see

I still don't see what point is being made. That there are some high school students who don't pay attention in class (if they even show up)?

Posted Images

I am relieved to hear this. We had a husky when I was a kid, and while he did like being outside (because it was colder), he also enjoyed the company of humans. My mom did quite a bit of obedience training with him, and she even showed him a few times.

• 2 months later...

I knew the place well enough just by living in Bklyn most of my life but, about 15 years ago, I got a tour of the entire place.  Unbelievable woodwork in some of the less often seen rooms, as well as antiques, catering equipment, bar backs, glasswork, etc.  And the oldest elevator in Brooklyn.  Lovely owners.  I wish her well.

43 minutes ago, mitchells said:

Jazzfest cancelled.

Resort we were planning to go to near Lassen National Park is now being used as a camp for firefighters. 

Races at Keeneland in Lexington probably next to be cancelled...... 

Think of how much money you're saving!  (I had a good day at Saratoga on Saturday, for the first time in a while. I should say a good day watching the races from my couch and using Twin Spires app!)

1 hour ago, joethefoodie said:

Think of how much money you're saving!  (I had a good day at Saratoga on Saturday, for the first time in a while. I should say a good day watching the races from my couch and using Twin Spires app!)

$4000 in CC credits and counting before the Lassen refund..... I've rolled over our Delta companion ticket 3 times already....

Tough to make money at Saratoga, soooo many favorites winning. Essential Quality should win this Saturday and pay $3.20. 👎

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mitchells said:

Tough to make money at Saratoga, soooo many favorites winning. Essential Quality should win this Saturday and pay $3.20. 👎

Indeed - I hit an exacta and lost overall for that race!

But it is indeed fun watching these racehorses, at that track.