Tana, that's just awful for you and Bob. Not so much for little Logie, as children seem to adapt to these things quickly and easily. 12 years in a cast? Really? I've never hear of such a thing.

Oh, GG, I didn't mean to alarm you. It was my way of implying that I'm 38, when in fact, I'm turning fifty at the end of April (three months from now.)

That really is depressing me.

He is a valiant little fellow, and the most loving child we've ever known. I wish you all could hear his sweet voice, with just the faintest remainder of a baby lisp. (He still says "ev'vyfing" and "nanks" [thanks].)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Last Tuesday morning, tens of thousands of public school students across New York took the Regents Examination in Global History and Geography. One of the two essays in the 3-hour exam required stu

My HS graduating class was about 500. When FB reared its ugly head, I became "friends" with many of those who I had not been in touch with for years. For me it was anthropologically interesting to see

I still don't see what point is being made. That there are some high school students who don't pay attention in class (if they even show up)?

Posted Images

The nice thing about turning 50 is once you do and survive, you can stop dreading its approach. ;)

The bad thing is that once you reach 50 things start to seize up and drop off at an alarming rate.

Is this the steroids thread :ph43r: .

Good one, Thunk. Sigh, several pages of sadness here. Ghostrider, my mother started "dwindling," as they said, at 91, too, but hers was a long and fascinating life. Can still remember her dancing the Cotton-Eyed Joe and Put Your Little Foot. Logan will heal fast, hopefully, and an extra excuse to just cuddle a lot. Yes, life changes in a blink sometimes, even the most beautiful petals. But being 50? C e l e b r a t i o n time, come on! You will get a birthday card from AARP. As only IF! Retired Persons? Uhhhhh, now that's depressing stuff.

The nice thing about turning 50 is once you do and survive, you can stop dreading its approach. ;)

Oh, sure, like YOU'D know. :)

Oh she knows, believe me. She's a month younger than I am.

Bitch.

My soon- to-be five year-old grandson overheard his Auntie bemoaning the creaks of age, saying she wished she were young again. My wife replied, "Yes, I wish I were young again too." To which 'Thanny responded with a heartfelt cry, "Oh, no. If you were young, I wouldn't have a grandma." :wub:

Oh, that is so precious. SO precious. I really needed a hit of sweetness.

My mom passed away on Weds morning. It's been a roller-coaster of emotions all week. We buried her yesterday in the hilltop cemetery above Washington MO next to my dad - the Odd Fellows Cemetery, where I surely belong too. ;) Today we had the memorial service. I have this completely surreal expectaton that I'll call up my mom this evening & tell her "Hey, we went to a memorial service today in this really neat old stone church where the lady who died had grown up, been married & had her only son christened" & she will be fascinated with the stories I'll tell her.

Yes this is an extraordinarily disorienting thing to go through.

When we went to start sorting out her apartment a couple days ago, I looked on the little table where she would read for several hours every evening. She was in the middle of Edith Wharton's House Of Mirth when she was stricken back in November. She was always a reader but developed a taste for classic English novels in her 80s & there she was at 92, still going through every Austen, Hardy, Wharton etc. that she could find. What a woman. God rest her soul.

There have been some wonderful people out here involved in the doings. I reconnected with some second cousins, found a whole new (to us) line of the family descended from my mom's father's brother. My lifelong friend from high school who, sadly, went through the same thing with his mom in November has been a huge support. I am fortunate in my friends & some chance encounters over these recent days. I'll remember the old gravedigger up in Washington who knew the town well when I knew it in the 1950s; it was freezing cold up there but we stood & talked till everybody else was yelling at us to let them get out of the cold & go home. I'll remember many others too, as well as some positively Jungian synchronicities that have cropped up. It's been an amazing time.

GR, I'm so sorry. It IS extremely disorienting to lose a parent, no matter what age (lost my Mom when I was 21, my Dad when I was 43). But it's somehow more profound losing the last parent – hard to explain except to say it's weird suddenly becoming the forward guard, generationally speaking. I wish you the strength to grieve as you must.