You Learn Something New Every Day

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Although sometimes it's something everyone already knows, it's just that I somehow missed it. One of those last week (now completely forgotten) that inspired me to start this thread, but then I lost m

Criticism or endorsement of religions remains off limits on mouthfuls, guys. So does threatening violence in support of it

I actually sometimes like liver flavors, but... You have to try those two wines with a duck and/or goose liver pate. One taste is not nice, one is scrumptious.

Posted Images

Market tip from "Clients from Hell":

"I don’t know quite what we’ll be selling yet. Maybe niches. I’ve heard the niche market is doing

really well."

Hey, I'm sure there'd be a great market for niches. I have one in my foyer and it's a terrific place to store photos, knickknacks, etc. :P

Just received my Green Card. It's actually green. I am not sure why that should be a surprise, but it was

Slapsie

It should be bluey pink. Unfortunately I don't think the Russian Mafia give refunds.

Baseball is not as boring in person as it is on TV, although I'll definitely never be a season ticket holder. And I can get pizza at the ballpark (I wanted a hot dog, but the line was too long).

Which park were you at?

Shaw Park (remember, I live in the sticks).

New learning--Kevin McDonald of Kids in the Hall now lives in the same neck of the sticks as I do. And he's a hockey (step)dad. I haven't gotten around to stalking him, yet, but one day I shall find his house and squish his head.

Baseball is not as boring in person as it is on TV, although I'll definitely never be a season ticket holder. And I can get pizza at the ballpark (I wanted a hot dog, but the line was too long).

Which park were you at?

Shaw Park (remember, I live in the sticks).

New learning--Kevin McDonald of Kids in the Hall now lives in the same neck of the sticks as I do. And he's a hockey (step)dad. I haven't gotten around to stalking him, yet, but one day I shall find his house and squish his head.

Minor league ball is the best. I'd rather see a double-A league game than a major league game any day.

The atmosphere is so much better than it is in the bigs and the prices make it affordable to take the family.

Minor league ball is the best. I'd rather see a double-A league game than a major league game any day.

The atmosphere is so much better than it is in the bigs and the prices make it affordable to take the family.

In what way is the atmosphere better? I've never been to a major league game. I thought people were very relaxed at this game (it was a day game on Wed. afternoon, so there were a lot of student groups).

I was also surprised at how small the ballpark really was. It looks huge on TV.

Oh, having a batter hit a home run is kind of exciting, and so it seeing the bases loaded even if none of the players end up making it to home). Fly balls are kind of exciting, too, except I'm afraid of getting hit by one.

Minor-league ballparks are smaller, the seats and concessions are cheaper, and there's a more family-friendly and even somewhat goofy atmosphere. Lots of silly, between-innings contests, many involving kids. Funnier mascots and team names.

Minor-league ballparks are smaller, the seats and concessions are cheaper, and there's a more family-friendly and even somewhat goofy atmosphere. Lots of silly, between-innings contests, many involving kids. Funnier mascots and team names.

newark?

newark?

Do you mean the Newark Bears? They have a fun park too.

Exactly.

Plus the minor league players will usually line up in front of the stands before the game and sign autographs for all of the kids. When I was in upstate NY watching AA ball, the guys in the bullpen would even play catch with the kids during the game while waiting to be told to warm up.