You Learn Something New Every Day

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Although sometimes it's something everyone already knows, it's just that I somehow missed it. One of those last week (now completely forgotten) that inspired me to start this thread, but then I lost m

I actually sometimes like liver flavors, but... You have to try those two wines with a duck and/or goose liver pate. One taste is not nice, one is scrumptious.

Criticism or endorsement of religions remains off limits on mouthfuls, guys. So does threatening violence in support of it

Posted Images

The band was German--German producer or something like that. But the individuals, at least the original members, were from Jamaica/Aruba.

Raffi did a cover of the Brown Girl song. I find that weird, too.

Yeah, they were based in Germany. I was--and remain--a big fan. But we always saw them on the telly in the UK, so no surprises that there really were brown girls in the ring. :)

The East Village Italian restaurant Giano is named after the Roman god Janus. (Janus is Giano in Italian.)

So, skip my reviews. Go ahead.

I must have read that in your review, but I didn't learn it until recently. :D

The band was German--German producer or something like that. But the individuals, at least the original members, were from Jamaica/Aruba.

Raffi did a cover of the Brown Girl song. I find that weird, too.

Yeah, they were based in Germany. I was--and remain--a big fan. But we always saw them on the telly in the UK, so no surprises that there really were brown girls in the ring. :)

Yeah, not to mention album covers. I never saw them not lip-syncing though, so maybe the actual singers were german.

Who knew eating a burger was so difficult?

A couple of weeks ago Deb and I were at a restaurant in NJ which serves very good pub burgers. Big things - billed as 9oz. I believe them. Because it's NJ they throw in cheese and bacon too. When I'm in the mood to face up to one of these monsters I cut it in half to make it easier to handle.

That Sunday we observed a woman at the bar who had another approach. She held the giant burger in one hand (it looked like she was holding a football by the pointed end) and simply gnawed at it while pieces of meat and lettuce and bread crumbs fell on to the plate.

I said to Deb that it was like watching a monkey eat a coconut. I guess that woman is the right audience for that video.

Apparently, DJ's are making a ton of dough at these clubs.. I just read, Pauly D from the Jersey Shore made, 10 million dollars last year, spinning records..

Calvin Harris made 66 million, up from 46 million the year before.. Some of them make 250 k for an appearance.

Unbelievable.

LiquidNY: not sure of your point. During my more & more extensive years, I've met a lot of people who make a lot of money doing very little of value, others who make a lot of money to do very valuable work, others who make little money doing very hard & valuable work, and still others who make little or nothing for doing exactly that. I see little value in cherry picking examples or in trying to be the arbiter of what's just or fair. Some folks fall into or negotiate their way into some remarkably lucrative situations while others just can't get a break, try as they might. Surprise.

• Like 1