GG Mora

You Learn Something New Every Day

"Abraham, Martin and John" was written by the same person who wrote "Snoopy vs. The Red Baron"????????????????????????????????????

"Abraham, Martin and John" was written by the same person who wrote "Snoopy vs. The Red Baron"????????????????????????????????????

Well, yeah, but you make it sound like he was a lightweight pop musician. From what I gathered from trips to Louisiana, he was pretty well known as being a serious musician, leading bands that included Dr. John and Johnny Rivers (before they were famous). I actually always thought that Dion wrote "Abraham, Martin & John". I didn't much care who wrote "Snoopy..."

It is my sincere hope we will all learn to laugh again - someday.

• Like 1

I never knew Charles Krauthammer was in a wheelchair. Only ever saw him as talking head. Just me, I'm sure.

He's quadriplegic. Which I didn't know until a stint dating a big fan of Fox News...

I learned what a corn dog tastes like. Yes, even after years of going to fairs, I had never had one until yesterday at the San Mateo County Fair, from the Hot Dog on a Stick booth.

Verdict: not bad; needs a little mustard.

Percebes are only $12/lb in Japan. No market because too messy to eat.

I didn't know Demeter owned the biodynamic wine certification. I also didn't know biodynamic meant following the teachings of Rudolf Steiner (founder of a Waldorf school system.) My hipster world turns full circle! 

This is like not any kind of big deal, but I had no idea until today that the mid-'60s hit single "Summer Nights" was by Marianne Faithful.

Maybe I don't even really care about this.