You Learn Something New Every Day

When I was 9, I was roller skating in the house when i fell on an open can of almond roca. I now have a really nice scar running down the lower half of my palm. I got 8 stitches. I just realized that I was pretty lucky, since if it had been another inch or so longer, I'd probably have bled out.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Although sometimes it's something everyone already knows, it's just that I somehow missed it. One of those last week (now completely forgotten) that inspired me to start this thread, but then I lost m

I actually sometimes like liver flavors, but... You have to try those two wines with a duck and/or goose liver pate. One taste is not nice, one is scrumptious.

Criticism or endorsement of religions remains off limits on mouthfuls, guys. So does threatening violence in support of it

Posted Images

WOW - for some reason (not because you're doing it, but on a grander scale), expending energy via washing garbage in the dishwasher in order for it to be recycled to save energy, makes little sense to me. But then again, not much does (make sense to me).

1 hour ago, joethefoodie said:

WOW - for some reason (not because you're doing it, but on a grander scale), expending energy via washing garbage in the dishwasher in order for it to be recycled to save energy, makes little sense to me. But then again, not much does (make sense to me).

In our town they've gotten extremely picky about recycling. Gotta hide the dirty stuff at the bottom of the bin or they won't take it. You can tell the people who just moved in by the full recycling cans still sitting outside after recycling day. 

4 minutes ago, Tubbs said:

In our town they've gotten extremely picky about recycling. Gotta hide the dirty stuff at the bottom of the bin or they won't take it. You can tell the people who just moved in by the full recycling cans still sitting outside after recycling day. 

I've got a new method - I throw it out with the rest of the garbage.

15 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

We're already running the dishwasher, so throwing a couple of cans in (which are small and don't take up much room) won't expend any extra energy.

• 2 weeks later...

this shouldn't be new news, Krazy Kat was all about the politics, hypocrisy and fluidity of race and gender even if one didn't know Herriman's background. I've known his background since i was a kid. i'm sure my parents thought it was an important part of getting the jokes that weren't really jokes in Krazy Kat cartoons

14 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

George Herriman was Black (passing).

Krazy Kat now seems even deeper and more multivalent than it did before.

I've known it for a long time, but my fandom goes much farther back. It did finally explain how deeply subversive it read even if you couldn't quite put your finger on why... 

Mehitabel was my first online user name BTW, so we're talking like mid-90's. 

• 4 weeks later...