Craft

Blue Hill

WD-50

Oceana

Veritas

BLT Steak

Alright, tear me apart. :/

• 7 years later...

Are you saying that a restaurant that serves a burger should not be listed in the Michelin Guide as being a very good restaurant/cuisine within it's category, or are you saying that the wet salad to be should be "worth a detour" or perhaps "worth a special journey" but for some other reason that's unfair isn't?

Or are you perhaps saying you don't know what the stars mean in the first place?

Are you saying that a restaurant that serves a burger should not be listed in the Michelin Guide as being a very good restaurant/cuisine within it's category, or are you saying that the wet salad to be should be "worth a detour" or perhaps "worth a special journey" but for some other reason that's unfair isn't?

Or are you perhaps saying you don't know what the stars mean in the first place?

Yes to all.

In addition, I'm saying that the stars can not be used as a fair measure to compare apples vs apples across countries

Actually the Michelin guide is kind of funny.

Joke number 1:

This place in NY:

6485033633_0f6d026c4c.jpg

has the same stars as this place in Copenhagen:

6903339039_defba26be6.jpg

I made that same type of comparison when I went to Copenhagen a couple of years ago. Many of the Copenhagen one-stars would be New York three-stars.

Yes to all.

In addition, I'm saying that the stars can not be used as a fair measure to compare apples vs apples across countries

I'm guessing Michelin would agree with your final sentence - that they are not meant to be used to compare apples to apples across countries. Just saying it's amongst the best within it's category in the region that they are rating allows for a lot of the leeway that you see. That's not their fault in my eyes, that's yours for not looking at what they are saying in the first place.

I suppose a world wide single Michelin Guide would address that definitively.

The lack of appreciation for New Nordic seems a far more serious fault in my eyes by comparison, seems far more petty if true as you and Sneak (and many others) say.

You can't sell guides to high end dining by telling people high end dining in their fair city stinks.

Recent meal at EMP - 1.5 michelin star food, more expensive than any 3 star meal in Tokyo at the worst exchange rate in decades. Still a bargain compared to what a meal with the same wine would be at Per Se.

eta: Orik logged in as Sivan, obviously

You can't sell guides to high end dining by telling people high end dining in their fair city stinks.

They seem to have gotten away with that in the U.K., where there are just two 3* restaurants in London, as opposed to seven in NYC.