Scorched Palate

So, where are *you* going next?

Fascinating to see that categorized as Jewish humor, while Yip Harburg’s “How are things in Gloccamora?” where he avowedly derived the Irish place name from “gluck morgen” is a Broadway classic. 😅

South Africa, DesMoines,Minneapolis, London, Las Vegas, Galveston, Houston, New Orleans. That gets me thru April.

Let me know if you need SA tips.

Fascinating to see that categorized as Jewish humor, while Yip Harburg’s “How are things in Gloccamora?” where he avowedly derived the Irish place name from “gluck morgen” is a Broadway classic.

On the extremely off chance you're being serious, the difference of course is that the Mickey Katz is a parody.

Oh yes, I was just entertaining myself with the idea that Harburg might be (wrongly) classified as a Jewish parody of an Irish ballad.

I do think "Over the Rainbow" alludes to the proletarian revolution, though.

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

So....is anyone going anywhere anymore?

I am hopeful but not too optimistic my employer/government will allow spring break to occur.

Put summer booking plans (Copenhagen and Oslo) on hold for now.

Las Vegas next month, possibly preceded by San Francisco.

Mind you, if the virus leads to multiple conference cancelations, my 2020 isn’t going to be much like my 2019.

The Specialty Coffee Association said today that the big expo and the smaller ones were still on, so plans for Portland in April are a go for the time being.  The Oregon Convention Center is putting preventive measures in place.

This is nerve wracking for conference hosts and attendees. Once the massive Mobile World Conference in Barcelona went, everything looked vulnerable.