So, where are *you* going next?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought it would be cool to have a thread -- akin to the Breakfast and Supper threads -- where we talk about the trips we've booked that we're looking forward to taking.   Cameron and I are going

Excellent!   False modesty will get you nowhere on this board. A Latin scholar spending a year doing research in Rome, eh? I look forward to your posts. By the way, when the woman said the pigs w

I hope you'll be sending us occasional reports about life in Rome.

Posted Images

On 9/29/2022 at 3:31 AM, StephanieL said:

How picky are they?  If they'll eat roast chicken, Nando's is probably a good bet.

One of them is now picky + vegetarian. 😖

• 3 weeks later...

Heading down to Paso Robles for a few days between Christmas and New Year's.  We're not really wine people, but it's cheaper and closer than Santa Barbara.  Depending on the weather and such, we may venture over to San Luis Obispo and/or Atascadero.

On 10/1/2022 at 10:26 AM, Behemoth said:

One of them is now picky + vegetarian. 😖

If not too late...we liked La Goccia at Petersham nurseries in Covent garden. All small plates so can order a bunch of things...

The food at Harry Potter studios was the only bad meal we had in London!

• 2 weeks later...

London I’ll just mention the good stuff but there really was a lot of good stuff, surprisingly often chosen by looking at photos in Google maps:

Near Tower Bridge lunch at The Coal Shed which was a great deal and also a nice kids menu. Great find considering how touristy the area is. 

Royal China for dim sum, for old times sake. 

Holborn Dining Room for pies and people watching. Very mini went with the bangers and mash, mini with penne in tomato sauce…

Dishoom a pleasant walk from Kings Cross, food way better than Indian we can get in Munich, they were super friendly, very mini loved the grilled chicken, and both ate their weight in naan. 

Haverstock Tavern - just a family run neighborhood pub in Camden, not really set up for kids but the food was good and owners friendly. 

The Attendant coffee, about 10 minutes walk from Oxford Circus. Just stumbled on this one - it’s underground in what used to be a Victorian urinal. Best find of the trip. 

St. James for very posh cocktails. 

Harry Potter studio tour really is amazing, and I’m not a rabid fan or anything. Hard to avoid eating there but we kept it to a minimum. 

London is a really fun city for kids, completely different perspective from being there for work.

@Tubbseven though we didn’t hit your places (mainly due to location) you made me brave enough to try Indian with them. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2022 at 9:31 PM, StephanieL said:

How picky are they?  If they'll eat roast chicken, Nando's is probably a good bet.

Nando's was quite a treat when we were in London. The extra hot sauce was accurately labeled. Terrific

7 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

I once saw a standup at the Fringe do a whole routine about Nando's and I had NO IDEA what he was talking about.

Was the comic South African?

I wish Nando's was in more places in the US besides Chicago and Baltimore/Washington, though we have a similar, more Portuguese-oriented mini-chain in the Bay Area called The Port of Peri-Peri.