So, where are *you* going next?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought it would be cool to have a thread -- akin to the Breakfast and Supper threads -- where we talk about the trips we've booked that we're looking forward to taking.   Cameron and I are going

Excellent!   False modesty will get you nowhere on this board. A Latin scholar spending a year doing research in Rome, eh? I look forward to your posts. By the way, when the woman said the pigs w

I hope you'll be sending us occasional reports about life in Rome.

Posted Images

Heading down to Savannah in two weeks. My father-in-law just signed me up for a two-day barbecue seminar. I married well!

The world better not end before then; I'll be seriously annoyed if I miss out on this class.

Do you think those whacky people would give me their wallets and watches a few hours before the world is going to end.. what do they need the money for?

You're thinking small. You should ask them to empty their entire

bank accounts (assuming people who spend all their time handing

out leaflets have any money) into yours.

I find that these crazy people are crazy like foxes. They try

to cover themselves either way. If The Rapture occurs, they'll be

among the chosen ones. The rest of us will have to endure five

more months of mouthfuls, in addition to famine, pestilence, and

the absence of running water. If nothing happens tomorrow they'll

go back to their jobs (which, by and large, they won't have quit).

All they'll have to endure is ridicule, and they're used to that.

Remember the Y2K bug? Some fairly normal seeming folks went out to the countryside with spam and guns.

Yes. We knew people like that. They, too, did not liquidate all

their assets or convert all their holdings to spam and ammo.

Heading down to Savannah in two weeks. My father-in-law just signed me up for a two-day barbecue seminar. I married well!

The world better not end before then; I'll be seriously annoyed if I miss out on this class.

Are you going/have you been to Walls BBQ? We tried but they were closed. (The owner happened to be there and was so apologetic. She forced us to take some red potato salad which was great. What a sweet lady.)

Just found out we'll be in Boulder, CO for a wedding early Sept. Any recs on dining/things to do (little kid friendly if possible)?

Are you going/have you been to Walls BBQ? We tried but they were closed. (The owner happened to be there and was so apologetic. She forced us to take some red potato salad which was great. What a sweet lady.)

Walls is very good, though in truth it's been a few years since I've been there. The class I'm taking is hosted by Wiley's, a newish place (it's been open 3 years, I think) on Whitemarsh Island, on the way to Tybee. I think it's better (and the best BBQ in Savannah), but I've never done a taste test.

Walls is very good, though in truth it's been a few years since I've been there. The class I'm taking is hosted by Wiley's, a newish place (it's been open 3 years, I think) on Whitemarsh Island, on the way to Tybee. I think it's better (and the best BBQ in Savannah), but I've never done a taste test.

Yea, I figured you knew it and that it might not be the best bbq in Savannah but more of a quaint little, slightly off the beaten path, destination spot for first timers. Enjoy your class. I'd like to take one sometime (as soon as I get a smoker)

Remember the Y2K bug? Some fairly normal seeming folks went out to the countryside with spam and guns.

Yes. We knew people like that. They, too, did not liquidate all

their assets or convert all their holdings to spam and ammo.

I was in vegas... I partially remembering it being awesome

Just found out we'll be in Boulder, CO for a wedding early Sept. Any recs on dining/things to do (little kid friendly if possible)?

In Boulder, you should check out Pizzeria Basta, http://www.pizzeriabasta.com. I know, they could have chosen better on the name, but the pizza is very good as are the other items on their menu -- great braised short ribs, a lovely wood roasted chicken , housemade ricotta, etc. Brasserie 1010 for classic french bistro. Centro Latin Kitchen -- duck enchiladas, very good. Lucille's for southern breakfast -- beignets, biscuits, eggs benedict. Authentic mexican at Ephrain's II, a great whole in the wall joint with fiery green chili, homemade tortillas. Black Cat or Frasca if you can ditch the kids for an evening. Avoid -- Jills at the St. Julien hotel, even if you are staying there. Food is meh and service is atrocious.