So, where are *you* going next?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought it would be cool to have a thread -- akin to the Breakfast and Supper threads -- where we talk about the trips we've booked that we're looking forward to taking.   Cameron and I are going

Excellent!   False modesty will get you nowhere on this board. A Latin scholar spending a year doing research in Rome, eh? I look forward to your posts. By the way, when the woman said the pigs w

I hope you'll be sending us occasional reports about life in Rome.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd our first vacation in five years, a resort-y one to echo our very first blissful trip together ten years ago in Cancun, will be to . . . [sFX: steel-drum roll] . . . Grand Cayman.

We live in Prospect Heights, abutting ever-gentrifying Crown Heights's very Caribbean cuisine. I'm looking at all the restaurants near our hotel. Finding islands food on the island may be a challenge.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Grand Cayman in November. Undecided for Christmas yet, thinking either phoenix or San Diego to get some comfortable weather unless a good deal in the Caribbean pops up.

Have you been to Grand Cayman? We're going in December for the first time.

I'm gleaning tips from the unknown anonymous at https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147367-i321-Seven_Mile_Beach_Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Islands.html and

Note to self: those who cannot remember to test prescription snorkel goggles before departure are condemned to repeat the Cancun Binder Clip Hunt of 2010.

I've never been (except quick stops on cruises 20 years ago). Flights were much cheaper than to Turks for the dates we needed so...why not.

For all the rightful criticism TripAdvisor reviews get, the forums can be quite useful.

Grand Cayman in November. Undecided for Christmas yet, thinking either phoenix or San Diego to get some comfortable weather unless a good deal in the Caribbean pops up.

You know about sargassum, yes?

• Like 1

That's a pretty pointless exercise for vacation planning purposes, since the answer is always going to be that there's sargassum afloat and you should choose a location facing northwest if possible.

You know about sargassum, yes?
We are staying on seven Mile beach (west facing) which seems to rarely, if ever, have any saragssum issues.