ranitidine

Let's Go Mets!

Piazza had two singles last night (Gabe and I were there. Our third game in five days.), a double and a dinger tonight. Do you think being moved to sixth in the order has relaxed him by reducing the pressure on him, thereby perhaps leading to more production?

• Like 10

An excellent week. Now let's see what happens on the road trip. I'm happy to see that several callers into one of the TV talk shows agree with me about batting in the No. 6 spot taking pressure off Piazza.

Management let the trading deadline pass, indicating their belief that this team can make a run this year. Pitching is picking up. Benson in particular looked good over the weekend.

But most of all, I love watching Jose Reyes. This kid is a ball player. Makes things happen.

I would have no problem with their standing pat for now and leaving the prospects in the farm system alone so that they can continue to develop.

They are so good at getting my hopes up and then dashing them to pieces.

This has been the very essence of the Mets, with certain exceptions both better and worse, since their first day.

This has been the very essence of the Mets, with certain exceptions both better and worse, since their first day.

No Robert, in those early years, one went for the comedy and to see the stars on the other teams.

No Robert, in those early years, one went for the comedy and to see the stars on the other teams.

There was plenty of comedy in the days of Elio Chacon and Choo Choo Coleman, true.