ranitidine

Let's Go Mets!

Ron Darling, no homer, thinks deGrom has a real shot at a Cy Young. He needs to pitch to his form and be lucky too. I can hope ...

Really, I don't want to jinx anything, but could we have hoped for a better start?

Today, I was listening to the game while on my way to and from Arthur avenue (beautiful lamb for only $5.99/lb!).

As I got very close to my apartment, DeGrom had loaded the bases with no one out in the bottom of the sixth. I had to pull to the side and listen as he got out of that jam unharmed. Can we really look forward to Mets' baseball this summer??!!

Ron Darling, no homer, thinks deGrom has a real shot at a Cy Young. He needs to pitch to his form and be lucky too. I can hope ...

I think that belongs to Kershaw.

Not in the playoffs.

Not in the playoffs.

Wait, are you assuming the Mets will make the playoffs?

To be more specific, Kershaw is a Cy Young winner during the regular season. In the playoffs he's 7-7 with a 4.5 ERA when he pitches like Neil Young.

To be more specific, Kershaw is a Cy Young winner during the regular season. In the playoffs he's 7-7 with a 4.5 ERA when he pitches like Neil Young.

Better to burn out than to fade away. Which the Mets will do.

Early days my friend. Early days.

Why don't we talk about this after your Dodgers climb out of 4th place in the NL West.

Callaway seems to be routinely getting great performances out of his pitchers. Of course this winning streak can't last forever and one of these days a pitcher is going to stink up the joint but I love the fact that he's got 2 former starters in his bullpen. Good long relief guys can smooth out the days when a starter gets shelled and is yanked after 3 innings.

And they can last into those extra inning games, or even handle 6th - 8th. Lugo has been lights out, but then again, so has the whole pen.

You know what's funny? Our Yankee fans have gotten really quiet. I can hear crickets. :)

Unfortunately, the Yankees are turning into the 2017 Mets injury wise. The season is still very young. We have a long way to go. I would rather they get all of the injuries out of the way now.

That thought had crossed my mind. Having been on the receiving end of that Mets season I wouldn't wish a similar one on Yankee fans. Not even Wilfrid.

I think the Yankees have enough depth at position players and enough hitting to make the playoffs. But they're thin at pitching. I wish them well. New York is always more fun when both teams have good seasons.

• Like 1

You know what's funny? Our Yankee fans have gotten really quiet. I can hear crickets. :)

It's a long season. No need to say much right now. What's looks great on paper either winds up happening or not.