Pimientos de Padron

i'm planning to order them fresh for a themed dinner next sun: since the orders are shipped on Mondays only what is the best way to store those peppers?

Brown bagged in the fridge?

And to cook? Just simply pan roasted?

i'm planning to order them fresh for a themed dinner next sun: since the orders are shipped on Mondays only what is the best way to store those peppers?

Brown bagged in the fridge?

And to cook? Just simply pan roasted?

Wow, I didn't know they were available in the States. Where do you order them from, Helena? Thanks! I've been substituting with shishito peppers in my tapas-style preparation (brushed with generous amounts of olive oil, charcoal grilled, then doused with more olive oil and sprinkled generously with fleur de sel).

Just placed an order for these along with way too much ventresca tuna; I'm so excited. Once the parcel arrives it's going to be like Christmas in August. Yay! :blink:

Did you receive your pimientos order this week, helena? Very curious to know if they arrived in good condition and how they taste if you've had the chance to try any yet. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

i bought a quart of these last weekend (2$!).

i coated them in oil and salt and grilled them until the skin was charred. my wife ate 1 and i had the rest of the quart.

if you live in the chicago area green acres ( :lol: ) farm, which is somewhere in indiana has them.

It's not much help to most, but the pepper guy in front of the ferry building in San Francisco has them and really cheap, too.

We need those peppers for the Algerian cooking site. I'll try the farmer's markets here. I have been in a while (my bad, but I like to support minority owned supermarkets as well, because they are the only ones who can compete with the national chains. Ideally of course I'd like support farmer's markets at the same time).

• 4 weeks later...
It's not much help to most, but the pepper guy in front of the ferry building in San Francisco has them and really cheap, too.

$6 a for a tiny bag is cheap? Rancho, you're obviously doing pretty well for a farm boy! :rolleyes:

Two weeks ago they had a high-season special: $5 a bag! I hear that they cut you a deal if you buy 4 bags or more, but then you only save another $1 each. It's still crazy. But they can charge what they like, since they are the only source. Even César buys their pimientos from them. Hmm... maybe Rancho Gordo should sell them next year....

That said, the Happy Quail Farms pimientos are lovely peppers, and they last on the counter in their mesh bag for a week.