Arrested Development

The final four episodes will air back-to-back on Friday, February 10. Good thing nothing else is on that night, like the Olympics Opening Ceremonies. Not that it matters.

Do people actually watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics? I guess that will always be a disconnect in my mind.

I mean, it's interpretive ice dancing by children followed by a parade in a stadium. Oh, and then they """"light"""" a torch.

I guess it's the same people who, for four years minus two weeks, wouldn't spend 30 seconds watching other people ski, luge, cross-country ski, or do any of the other monumentally boring sports featured in the Olympics, but suddenly find these activities entertaining when they're surrounded by a massive pr campaign.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final four episodes will air back-to-back on Friday, February 10. Good thing nothing else is on that night, like the Olympics Opening Ceremonies. Not that it matters.

Do people actually watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics? I guess that will always be a disconnect in my mind.

I mean, it's interpretive ice dancing by children followed by a parade in a stadium. Oh, and then they """"light"""" a torch.

I guess it's the same people who, for four years minus two weeks, wouldn't spend 30 seconds watching other people ski, luge, cross-country ski, or do any of the other monumentally boring sports featured in the Olympics, but suddenly find these activities entertaining when they're surrounded by a massive pr campaign.

That's right. I even watch curling. I'm a zombie during those two weeks and I will watch anything Olympics related. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Can I say, genius!!!

The stunt casting in these last four episodes, particularly the one with Judge Reinhold, William Hung and Bud Cort -- priceless. Justine Bateman as the prostitute/lost sister -- I wish she could have had the chance to be in more episodes. The ending was a bit of a letdown, but maybe only because it signaled that it was indeed the last of the Bluths.

Funny funny stuff. Will be sorely missed. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
Page Six is reporting that Showtime has picked up Arrested Development and ordered 26 new episodes!

ITYM, Page Six is """"reporting"""". I always take pronouncements from Page Six with a Salt Lake.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...