Austin: Get Together in September

OK gang! It's been less than a month since our shrimp boil, but already I'm having mouthfuls withdrawal!

Can we plan something for the middle of September, before I leave town for a month? Red Queen will be back. Maybe Jaymes can come down. And maybe some of you guys who have never joined us will be able to make an appearance. I know you're out there!

Porch party? Wine tasting? Or anything else?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there for ACL festival (what do you all refer to that function as, like New Orleans has "fest" and everyone knows what you mean?) and if it happens then, I would definitely drop on by.

We just say "ACL" - and most everyone knows what you mean!

What is the date of that , by the way? Maybe we can work something out.

Sept 23-24-25. Fri has Lyle Lovett, John Prine, Steve Earl, Lucinda Williams and the Black Crowes, Sat has john Butler, Buddy Guy, Death Cab for CUtie, Robert Randolph and a double set for Widespread Panic, Sun has Kermit Ruffins, Franz Ferdinand , Wilco, and Coldplay. Here is a Link to Austin CIty Limits Festival

You all do realize that I have heard about all you Austin folks from Theabroma and Jaymes. Sounds like a rockn' group.

I'm leaving town on the 14th. I have an ACL ticket that's available for purchase should anyone desire a 3-day pass.

If we can do something before I jet off to Europe, I'd love to join. I'd hate to miss a mouthfuls party! Either way, I'll commit now to hosting an October event in the 50's bungalow. Perhaps a costume party is in order.

Sept 23-24-25. Fri has Lyle Lovett, John Prine, Steve Earl, Lucinda Williams and the Black Crowes, Sat has john Butler, Buddy Guy, Death Cab for CUtie, Robert Randolph and a double set for Widespread Panic, Sun has Kermit Ruffins, Franz Ferdinand , Wilco, and Coldplay. Here is a Link to Austin CIty Limits Festival

You all do realize that I have heard about all you Austin folks from Theabroma and Jaymes. Sounds like a rockn' group.

Weezuns out hyere are jealous.

I've interviewed Steve Earle, waited on John Prine (Nashville days), and worshipped Lyle from afar (and anear).

On the other hand, Santa Cruz is considered "Austin West," and that's why the Lounge Lizards and Robert Earl Keen are our local heroes.

Isn't it still pretty hot in September?

Hotter than hell in September. But that doesn't stop anybody.

Love the Lounge Lizards. There's one Lizard who shops Central Market fairly regularly. Whenever I see him, I yell, "Lizard!" and he looks around to see who it is.

LHG: How much are you hawking your pass for? I know someone who might want it.

I'll be gone the entire month of October.

But I digress!!! I do think it only fair to hold a mouthfuls event when our visiting joiei is around. BUT.....will joiei be available in the evenings???

(Sorry LHG...but it's not as if you're not going to be having a fun time...)

Count on it, Lauren! Keep checking this thread.

I will - thanks!

I'm just reading through all the threads now and will probably be back for some guidance on my restaurant choices soon........