Austin: Get Together in September

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to host a party ANY time. We need to know what date is good for our out-of-towners. They may be here strictly that one weekend.

Well???

I am there for Fri, Sat and Sun. I have to get back home on Monday, a 7 hour drive, and if I time it just right, I can go through Dallas between morning rush and lunch rush. I hope. As for getting together with you guys, Lunchish? maybe? I don't know. I am used to Jazzfest where the fairgrounds closes at dark and you go out the rest of the night. So this time frame in Austin I still have to figure out. I know, a late breakfast somewhere? Just throwing out some ideas here.

We'll be in town Friday (the 23rd) through Wednesday (the 28th). We get into town around 3 PM on Friday and we'll be at the festival on Saturday and Sunday. We leave around 4 PM on Wednesday. So....... I would say Friday night, Monday or Tuesday any time or Wednesday morning works for us :o

Friday is GOOD!

OK, guys: it's Friday September 23rd at my house. Theme: Keep Austin Weird.

I'll get some suggestions for weird wines.

Do we all chip in $10 for wine?

I'm about 10 minutes away from downtown, so it won't be a problem for you ACLers to get to my house.

Should we post the foods, or just see what happens??????

Suggestions, please!

Maybe we should just have everyone bring a weird wine along with their weird food.

The possibilities are endless.

Speaking of possibilities, there IS a possibility of y'all having your 15 minutes of fame on the 23rd.

And/or maybe again at David's deep fried turkey do in November...

And that's all I'm gonna say right now.

I like the idea of bringing a weird wine to go with your own weird food; that way the level of weirdness skyrockets exponentially! :o I get chills just thinking of the possibilities.

By the way, thanks, F52 for the kinds words about the new avatar. Don't worry--the babies are actually somewhat bigger in real life!

• 3 weeks later...

OK: I'm resurrecting this thread. I talked to Phil today and he pointed out that it's soon September!

Are we going with bring a weird wine with food? One bottle per person? Will that work for everybody or do you think we need more structure?