Dim Sum

Guest rockdoggydog

I'm down for carpooling from Ballard & if I'm driving then yes of course you can have a ride Lauren (but note that my car has only 3 seatbelts right now so space is limited :blush: )

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mmmmm, har gow! Good idea Rocky.   Unfortunately, can't make it tomorrow. I'd love to do this some other time as I really haven't tried much dim sum here in Seattle--only once at Top Gun when it w

Please add Shel and me to the list.

I am so sorry to say that due to a sudden, unanticipated need to go to Walla Walla tomorrow, and the equally sudden and unexpected demise of the laptop I need to take with me, Shel and I will not be a

I'm in. Can someone swing down 5th and pick me up on the way?

There's this thing called the bus tunnel, it gets you to the ID is about 5 minutes! ;)

Yeah, yeah. But there's all the walking to and from. I'm lazy!

Actually - I keep forgetting the tunnel is open again.

I really enjoyed the dim sum at Purple Dot today. Much of what we had compared favorably with my go-to place, O'Asian, and some was notably better. Does anyone know what the weekend dim sum there is like? More variety?

• 2 weeks later...

I am sad, sad, sad to report that Imperial Garden has taken a huge nose dive. I would highly recommend avoiding it even.

A few weeks ago, I stopped for lunch on a weekday - hadn't been there in over a year. The selection was slim (more so than other dim sum places on weekdays). I have been there for lunch many times by myself on weekdays and was always content. My stomach felt funny the next day which I attributed to some new medication.

I decided to try again last Friday - perhaps they would be busier on a Friday, better selection? Well, they were busier but it was pathetic. The selection of items ran in the single digits - even less than the previous visit. I picked out 3 things right away - that's all I wanted. For the entire 45 minutes that I was there, neither of the 2 carts had any items replaced or refreshed. Looking back now, I think that what I ate was on those carts for a while also.

I got in my car and started feeling sick to my stomach about 10 minutes later. I spent the majority of the afternoon trying not to puke (perhaps I should have just gotten it over with). Then I had to get my act together and play nice for a dinner party which we hosted that evening.

This experience ruined my afternoon and most of my evening. Let's not talk about the Saturday followup. Needless to say, I will NOT be back. Ever. I do plan to send them an email with my feedback.

Aside from being very annoyed by the whole situation, I am extremely sad. I have always been a big fan, and recommended the place on numerous occasions. Too bad.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else feeling the need for some DimSum in the next week or two? Mondays & Fridays are my best bet, but I can make most anything work with some pre-planning...

Anyone else feeling the need for some DimSum in the next week or two? Mondays & Fridays are my best bet, but I can make most anything work with some pre-planning...

I think I will be in search of some Dim Sum on Monday (labor day) if anyone would like to join in.

I would love to, but two people is a bit skimpy for dimsum (especially when one of them can't eat seafood) anyone else want to bump this up to a big enough group to get a variety of dishes???

I would love to, but two people is a bit skimpy for dimsum (especially when one of them can't eat seafood) anyone else want to bump this up to a big enough group to get a variety of dishes???

If it's early enough I can get to the UW by 1:00 PM, I might be up for it. Doubly so if someone gives me a ride :-)

If it's early enough I can get to the UW by 1:00 PM, I might be up for it. Doubly so if someone gives me a ride :-)

I'm going with two others anyways, so it is just a matter of if people would like to join. I'm thinking 11am at Venus (new place, haven't tried)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/venus-chinese-restaurant-seattle

I'm going with two others anyways, so it is just a matter of if people would like to join. I'm thinking 11am at Venus (new place, haven't tried)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/venus-chinese-restaurant-seattle

oo the scary wilds of south seattle :P I'm in, and yes Allyson I can give you a ride, no problem, but why on earth do you have to be at work on LaborDay???

• 3 weeks later...

You've probably already seen this little notice over here, where Malarkey tells us that she's moving to Austin! I was talking with her today about all her favorite restaurants that she's trying to get to before she leaves and she mentioned that she'd like to do dim sum once more. Saturday, October 3rd is the only day she has available. It'd be great to get as many of us out as we can - to toast her on her way out of town.

Malarkey - any requests regarding where you'd like to go?