Places we're curious about

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought we needed a thread on places we walk by, places we hear about, places we want feedback on without starting a thread about it (yet)...   So last night we walked by Lure Fishbar. I love the l

Walked by that newish place Turquoise on E. 81. Nice fish menu - lots of whole fish, and meditarannean stuff. Not wacky expensive, believe it or not. If they do all the fish well, might be nice. N

I went a few months ago. I liked the wings; the potato mochi are good if you don't mind the typical mochi texture. They're served with a sweetish sauce and lots of butter. The place really is small

Posted Images

I don't know if anyone remembers "Cocktails Over Canal?"

But since there can never be enough bars or, for that matter, pizza joints...

Italia is seeking a full bar permit for the bi-level space, which is also known as 38 Canal St. and 144 Division St. His plan is to serve only beer and wine in the street-level cafe, which will be called Three Points. He is also seeking a sidewalk permit. The tiny space will have a custom-built wood-fired oven and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. A first-generation Italian-American, Paolo envisions a place like those that dot the streets of Rome, with an eat-at bar inside, tables outside and excellent coffee. Pizza delivery is also in the works, he said.

Downstairs, there will be another bar and seating that brings the total occupancy to 74 patrons. The subterranean space will be called “Ludlow Inn” and feature high-end cocktails served in a cozy, quiet atmosphere not unlike that at Angel’s Share, a 20-year-old self-described “elegant drink parlor” hidden upstairs from a Japanese restaurant on Stuyvesant Street.

Full story on the Lo-Down.

The Long Island Bar on Atlantic. Anyone ventured there yet?

Of course. It's a block from my apt. Nice cocktail bar with a limited offering, not serving food yet. The crowd (thankfully) seems skewed a little older than the usual, at least when we were there. Even ran into people we knew from the neighborhood. I think it'll do nicely &, even though we're not "cocktail people", it wouldn't take much to get me to go back.

Must pair it with a Montero's visit soon.

And, if hungry, you might want to check out Chez Moi (doors from Colony, Chip Shop & Floyds, just down the street). Sit at the bar… they make good cocktails and very nice food.

This ought to work out well...

Talented chef Ryan Skeen, who once forged a reputation as a flight-prone chef with a number of high-profile departures from kitchens around town, is now the executive chef at Patrick Fahey's Los Americanos in Tribeca. The new menu includes shrimp tamales that have squid ink mixed in with the masa and a take on Peruvian roast chicken. A press release indicates that the chef's new dishes span the flavors of Mexico and South America, "yet still retain a distinct Ryan Skeen style."

A press release indicates that the chef's new dishes span the flavors of Mexico and South America, "yet still retain a distinct Ryan Skeen style."

Stuff that can be made while on the move.

A press release indicates that the chef's new dishes span the flavors of Mexico and South America, "yet still retain a distinct Ryan Skeen style."

Stuff that can be made while on the move.

You mean like roast chicken cooked on your car's manifold?

Must pair it with a Montero's visit soon.

And, if hungry, you might want to check out Chez Moi (doors from Colony, Chip Shop & Floyds, just down the street). Sit at the bar… they make good cocktails and very nice food.

Okay. I hadn't heard of that one. (And I'd forgotten about Colony; the place I saw Sam Sifton being all "anonymous" and had to restrain myself from shouting a big hello :D).