Places we're curious about

Just slightly peculiar to have a slogan, "Purveyor of fine beef products," under a picture of a leaping antelope, no?

The springbok is South Africa's national symbol (hence their rugby team is The Springboks). You can also get biltong made out of springbok in SA, but obviously not here. ;)

Wilfrid, we have several bobotie recipes if you'd like to make it at home.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought we needed a thread on places we walk by, places we hear about, places we want feedback on without starting a thread about it (yet)...   So last night we walked by Lure Fishbar. I love the l

Walked by that newish place Turquoise on E. 81. Nice fish menu - lots of whole fish, and meditarannean stuff. Not wacky expensive, believe it or not. If they do all the fish well, might be nice. N

I went a few months ago. I liked the wings; the potato mochi are good if you don't mind the typical mochi texture. They're served with a sweetish sauce and lots of butter. The place really is small

Posted Images

By the way, we went yesterday, and N said their biltong is excellent--just like home. Not cheap at $35/pound, though. They have some premade 4-oz packs, but you'll want it freshly sliced because they'll slice it razor thin.

Just slightly peculiar to have a slogan, "Purveyor of fine beef products," under a picture of a leaping antelope, no?

The springbok is South Africa's national symbol (hence their rugby team is The Springboks). You can also get biltong made out of springbok in SA, but obviously not here. ;)

Such a disappointment!

Anything know about Vin sur Vingt, in the Flatiron? Very traditional French small plates, and claims to serve 50 wines by the glass-but doesn't provide even a sample list on the website.

ETA: I thought it sounded familiar. Must be related to the Village spot of the same name I've walked past many times but not investigated. Or did it move?

New place on the southwest corner of 2nd Ave and 7th St (in the former Picnic space, which lasted only a few months): San Marzano.

Also, something is going into that decrepit white storefront on the next block south, where all the homeless people used to hang out.