omnivorette

Places we're curious about

The Met is doing a dinner with food by Gabriel kreuther related to the Colmar (Alsace) exhibition at the cloisters. Ottolenghi is somehow involved at well. In the met live arts catalog though didn't see anything online. Sounds interesting.....

The Met is doing a dinner with food by Gabriel kreuther related to the Colmar (Alsace) exhibition at the cloisters. Ottolenghi is somehow involved at well. In the met live arts catalog though didn't see anything online. Sounds interesting.....

Yeah, it does.  At $190 pp, I hope it is.

La Cubana just opened this weekend.

if anyone is curious by Oxomoco, which I was, I can say, i no longer am.. 16 dollar tacos with two servings.. More importantly, it was just ok. Our food mainly went uneaten and our server, who was lovely, didn't mention it.. Steak tartare tostada is a wonderful idea.. It was drenched in an anchovy oil.. A grilled caesar salad picked up a ton of smoke.. So it was like half wilted smoke lettuces. They have a peanut snack which is over a cup of peanuts, there was no real flavor there.. The portion size was huge and it doesn't have to be and well, i doubt anyone there is consuming 1 thousand calories of salt peanuts before their meal. .

I don't know if their clientele doesn't eat, or if they get a lot of food back.. Out of the three tacos we ate, one was good, two were pretty tough.. We left more than three quarters of the other two styles.. The chicken pastor had little pieces of carbonized and flatten chicken skin that just tasted like burnt oozing oil..

The space is gorgeous and I love the chairs and the staff was nice and the 15 dollar margarita was good.. But, it was like 180 and we did not leave satisfied. But, the place is packed and everyone loves them so, what do I know.

They have a Michelin star!

A couple of the things we ordered were nice, but mostly not.

A new establishment with an intriguing name is moving in. Dubbed Skin Contact, the newcomer is a 38-seat “wine bar serving finger food and wine and beer.” Principals listed on the Community Board 3 application are Stephanie Djie, Salma Zerrei, and Eben Lillie (from Chamber Street Wines).

76 Orchard was once-upon-a-time occupied by Ochado Ramen.

Literally across the street from Katja.

Their recipe for improving on ten bells food is just not serving any.

And if oysters are in their plans, please don't hire the "shuckers" from Ten Bells either.

On the "wine bar" situation with oyster happy hours, has anyone ever tried Sel Rose?

If you go to ten bells around 11pm everything is better. Shuckers relaxed, those people gone.