omnivorette

Places we're curious about

I believe they do, but I'd think you have to supplement it with a lot of other gum, same for sahleb/p. 

Reverance, in Harlem, "celebrity chef" Russell Jackson. I know nothing about him. Eater has been covering it, breathlessly of course. Anyone have any idea? They have a table for Saturday and an easy trip for me....

Gabriel Stulman re-opening Great Jones Cafe as Jones.

He'll be keeping "the spirit" of a neighborhood spot, while making the interior and menu fancy schmancy.  Almost all the prices are below $20.

Hmmmm...

West Village: Chef Joaquin (Quino) Baca has opened Bumu, an izakaya with raw bar, skewers, and small plates like fried oysters with smoked yam purée, pickled jalapeño, and cilantro. 61 West Eighth Street, between Fifth and Sixth avenues

Pondering pronunciation. Boomoo? Bum-you? Or do we just not have those vowel sounds in English?

Boom-uh. English loanword to Japanese of "Boom!" with the typical "-uh" added at the end. 

Whoa, authoritative. I had hoped to spark an ill-informed multi-page digression. Whatever happened to fun?

• Like 1

Whoa, authoritative. I had hoped to spark an ill-informed multi-page digression. Whatever happened to fun?

Hahaha. I suppose I can delete it if you want. 

Not necessary, I’ll just start a different thread called “Otto: Do We Yet Know How to Say It?”

Būmu I s really good. We had half of the menu. Standouts were the rabbit, raw scallop and grilled chicken skin.

ETA for Sneak: although it says the restaurant is open until midnight, last call for food was just before 11pm.

Anton's, on Hudson Street - first i've heard of this new place.

Anton’s — located at 570 Hudson Street at West 11th Street — comes from Nick Anderer, the chef known for opening Union Square Hospitality Group’s Italian restaurants Marta and Maialino. That Italian training will peek through here in several pasta dishes labeled as “macaroni” on the menu. There’s a take on bucatini amatriciana that uses bacon made by East Village Ukrainian butcher J. Baczynski, as well as linguini with clams, spinach ravioli, and angel hair francese. 
And...Martinis and manhattans are pre-batched and kept frozen to lend a different texture and ice-cold temperature. A 500-plus wine bottle list runs the gamut of prices and sourcing, with a by-the-glass list featuring 22 options.