Places we're curious about

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought we needed a thread on places we walk by, places we hear about, places we want feedback on without starting a thread about it (yet)...   So last night we walked by Lure Fishbar. I love the l

Walked by that newish place Turquoise on E. 81. Nice fish menu - lots of whole fish, and meditarannean stuff. Not wacky expensive, believe it or not. If they do all the fish well, might be nice. N

I went a few months ago. I liked the wings; the potato mochi are good if you don't mind the typical mochi texture. They're served with a sweetish sauce and lots of butter. The place really is small

Posted Images

. . .

We had two khachapuri's, the Adjaruli (a bread boat filled with cheese and egg) and the Imeruli (a flaky cheese pie). Both were addictive, and as filling as one might expect. I also ordered A Taste of Georgia, a selection of spreads, breads, and one very hard, very smoky cheese. The Beetroot Pkhali stood out because it was surprisingly spicy

. . .

My goodness, how many people were you with?

We've all got to go to Pirosmani on the border of Sheepshead Bay, which I suspect will turn out to have the best Georgian in New York.

Has Steve been there yet?  I can't remember.

Have not, but several people have told me its a reasonably good one (albeit a little higher priced than some others).  Here's a place you might even want to go to more: https://www.bel-xata.com. Been there and it was really good.

. . .

We had two khachapuri's, the Adjaruli (a bread boat filled with cheese and egg) and the Imeruli (a flaky cheese pie). Both were addictive, and as filling as one might expect. I also ordered A Taste of Georgia, a selection of spreads, breads, and one very hard, very smoky cheese. The Beetroot Pkhali stood out because it was surprisingly spicy

. . .

My goodness, how many people were you with?

Party of four. The Taste of Georgia isn't as vast as it sounds - 3 4" pieces of bread, about a quarter cup of cheese pieces, and 5 golf ball-sized spreads. Serves two as an appetizer.

• 2 weeks later...

A big place opened on Second Ave between Dallas BBQ and the Ukrainian: Brasserie St Marc. Cassoulet and duck a l’orange among the plats du jour. Guess I won’t be finding out if it’s any good for a few weeks.

• 4 months later...