Places we're curious about

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought we needed a thread on places we walk by, places we hear about, places we want feedback on without starting a thread about it (yet)...   So last night we walked by Lure Fishbar. I love the l

Walked by that newish place Turquoise on E. 81. Nice fish menu - lots of whole fish, and meditarannean stuff. Not wacky expensive, believe it or not. If they do all the fish well, might be nice. N

I went a few months ago. I liked the wings; the potato mochi are good if you don't mind the typical mochi texture. They're served with a sweetish sauce and lots of butter. The place really is small

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Seth Gordon said:

You’ll need to find something else to live for. Their “outdoor” part... isn’t. 

7 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Is the outdoor part designated "table" on the reservations site?  Or is it something else?

I think it must be designated table, as opposed to sitting at the counter. I went over yesterday (or the day before, who remembers any more) to check out their layout and figure out where they are.  Since they're facing Delancey, my guess is outdoors on Delancey Street wouldn't be that nice. But their table area is large, and it's all windows, so you almost feel as if you're outdoors...on Delancey...without the pleasure of breathing the fumes and hearing the traffic as it races to the bridge.

From Gothamist, a few days ago: 

"the outdoor patio should be ready by this weekend (the luxury residential building above the restaurant finally approved the sidewalk seating)."

I reserved by phone and asked for outside. I assume "table" on Resy does mean outdoor table, as opposed to dining room.

1 hour ago, small h said:

From Gothamist, a few days ago: 

"the outdoor patio should be ready by this weekend (the luxury residential building above the restaurant finally approved the sidewalk seating)."

I reserved by phone and asked for outside. I assume "table" on Resy does mean outdoor table, as opposed to dining room.

Oy - I hope you asked for the table farthest from the curb.

1 hour ago, Orik said:

Do the rabbits have to cross Delancy?

If they do, at least they lengthened the red light timers. 

I hear they're planning on opening a place on the Cross Bronx Expressway next.

17 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

Oy - I hope you asked for the table farthest from the curb.

I assume there will be a barrier of some kind, like The Grand Delancey's "sidewalk cafe." And the reservation's for a Wednesday evening, so (fingers crossed) the street won't be too crowded.

18 minutes ago, Orik said:

Do the rabbits have to cross Delancy?

Maybe they get to hitch a ride on the castrated goats.

2 hours ago, small h said:

I assume there will be a barrier of some kind, like The Grand Delancey's "sidewalk cafe." And the reservation's for a Wednesday evening, so (fingers crossed) the street won't be too crowded.

There’s a barrier, but all the seating is in a sort of tent. It’s “outdoor seating” in name only. Your table is on the sidewalk, yes, but you’re fully enclosed with six to ten other parties. The windows are clear plastic, none of them are open, there’s no air flow.

I’m not sure why some restaurateurs don’t understand that if you build something with four walls and a ceiling and put people inside it... they’re inside. Not outside. Or they understand and just don’t give a crap... whatever, that’s their business. But don’t bullshit customers. 

After walking away from a rez at the supposedly “outdoor” rooftop at Birreria when we found it was a completely enclosed greenhouse with about 100 other people in it, we don’t make rezzies anywhere unless we’ve actually seen the set-up beforehand now.

01EA9F3E-763A-4EE3-874D-A33E97659AAC.jpeg

In other LES news, for those curious about these places: having now had every new fried chicken thigh sandwich in the vicinity - Wildair, Double Chicken Please, and Saigon Social - I can declare Saigon Social’s to be the unequivocal winner, and perhaps the best fried chicken sandwich in the city. DCP was a bit of a let-down for all the hype. Wildair was fine but they weren’t really trying much with it. And SS’s comes with tater tots which is just gilding the lily.

28 minutes ago, small h said:

Ai. Thanks for the info. I'll email the restaurant and ask whether they plan to open it up.

You think that having bothered to buy and install the plastic windows they’re going to remove them, at least until the weather stops being changeable?