Places we're curious about

Mel's - the new "pizza place" in the old John Dory/Del Posto space...Melissa Rodriguez as chef and principal.

No gas stove, evidently - just the wood burning oven.  If these are the opening prices, watch out for the $50 Cauliflower entree at some point!

WHOLE CAULIFLOWER Roasted, radicchio, shallot, garlic, basil 36

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought we needed a thread on places we walk by, places we hear about, places we want feedback on without starting a thread about it (yet)...   So last night we walked by Lure Fishbar. I love the l

Walked by that newish place Turquoise on E. 81. Nice fish menu - lots of whole fish, and meditarannean stuff. Not wacky expensive, believe it or not. If they do all the fish well, might be nice. N

I went a few months ago. I liked the wings; the potato mochi are good if you don't mind the typical mochi texture. They're served with a sweetish sauce and lots of butter. The place really is small

Posted Images

1 hour ago, joethefoodie said:

Mel's - the new "pizza place" in the old John Dory/Del Posto space...Melissa Rodriguez as chef and principal.

No gas stove, evidently - just the wood burning oven.  If these are the opening prices, watch out for the $50 Cauliflower entree at some point!

WHOLE CAULIFLOWER Roasted, radicchio, shallot, garlic, basil 36

that's not a menu price, that's an assault on all that is decent

• Like 1

Now I'm waiting for the day when a chef has the chutzpah to create a whole dinner, a la bo ssam, around a roasted cauliflower, and charge like $750 for 6 people.

Calling Anthony Mangieri...

I guess it's as good a time as any to recall the time Significant Eater and I went to a show in either Tarrytown or Port Chester, and needed dinner pre-show.  We were out with two friends, both militant vegans, and who together weigh maybe what I do.

They shared the olives from the appetizer menu. (I was happy, cause we picked up the check).

1 hour ago, small h said:

Best Produce in Essex Market was charging $8 for a cauliflower last week. I didn't realize cauliflower had become so precious.

My local NJ ShopRite had cauliflower on sale last week @ 2 for $5, with no requirement to buy two to get the sale price. 

1 minute ago, rozrapp said:

My local NJ ShopRite had cauliflower on sale last week @ 2 for $5, with no requirement to buy two to get the sale price. 

I need a better reason than cauliflower to go to NJ. A seder, a high school reunion, something like that.

6 hours ago, small h said:

Best Produce in Essex Market was charging $8 for a cauliflower last week. I didn't realize cauliflower had become so precious.

Which one is Best Produce?

The guy by Citibank Grand/Clinton had them for $3 a pop earlier in the week. As always, caveat emptor.